• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Are these the real dyno results?

Dirtbikekid1998

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX SE Hurricane 190hp Turbo.
http://www.amsnow.com/news/dyno-tests/2016/03/sidewinder-dyno-test
If thats true 204HP that is crazy on a factory sled.
genesis998turbodynolinesoutlined.jpg

Every dyno tests different.... but not that different. Shouldn't be off by more than 6-7 hp worst case scenario.

This is similar to what i was told by my dealer for horsepower figure. Told a gauranteed 180 even after heat soak and warm ambients , with quite a bit more on tap when conditions are ideal. Looks like Yamaha is going for the jugular with this new motor

lets hope that is what the production 2017 models get,there torque numbers are slightly lower than the estimated Yamaha 50% above the nitro 94 ft /lb plus 50 % is 141 ft/lbs,but still very good,going to be a bad summer waiting,and if we are plagued with another worthless winter like this one we are in,wow,bad news.

lets hope that is what the production 2017 models get,there torque numbers are slightly lower than the estimated Yamaha 50% above the nitro 94 ft /lb plus 50 % is 141 ft/lbs,but still very good,going to be a bad summer waiting,and if we are plagued with another worthless winter like this one we are in,wow,bad news.
True.....I always like to see actual production models on the dyno, but I see no reason for them to pull anything back, as I was told these pre-production sleds fully passed emissions.

Dan

Keep in mind that they are claiming officially 180 or so horsepower and they have also been very upfront saying that it is a PRE PRODUCTION model. It could have a very aggressive map in the ECU right now while people are testing it. That being said, having a third party dyno test this model and getting 204HP out tot he public now is great marketing. It is much like how the it was widely reported that the APEX is 160 Hp but that was one on a dyno once. More like 150 in real life. People will still tell you 160+.

Back