• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Results 2014

Nos good luck testing. I bet if track is good and you can keep it off rev limiter it will be in the 10.80

Sunday was a great day! The sun was shining, the temp was 65° with a cool headwind of 6-10mph and humidity was around 70%

I threw everything at this sled to try to get it hooked up....but the guy at the track said the street cars were tearing up the starting line and there was nothing he could do about it. Traction was the big issue and if it would have hooked just a little bit, my 10 second timeslip would be golden, but an 11.009 @ 111.84mph :) I will take it! I have the weights set to the best I can for asphalt, no rev limiter and 9,070 rpms max.

I will post my 12 runs when I get time. I also have a video of one of my runs down the track I will try to get posted here. It's on my Facebook also as well as Viper owners

Hey Gentlemen,

I'm curious what you do to prep a sled for asphalt. I understand skis and track. What else is required? Cooling? Where do you find the appropriate parts? How much does the transition cost?

I've been a trail rider for 26 years and love the 500 miles I managed on my new viper in the last month of last winter. One thing I was disappointed with was the high speed performance. It's soooo quick on the bottom end but just falls flat... I'm ordering the big venom kit to fix my clutches but would like to learn how this stuff actually works and tune everything in over the summer so I can just enjoy winter. I'd also like to enjoy my machine more than just 3 months out of the year. If its not too ridiculous price wise, I'm thinking of joining you guys on the track next year. I also plan on a turbo next summer and would like to test and tune prior to snow.

Is asphalt clutching drastically different from snow?

Hey Gentlemen,

I'm curious what you do to prep a sled for asphalt. I understand skis and track. What else is required? Cooling? Where do you find the appropriate parts? How much does the transition cost?

I've been a trail rider for 26 years and love the 500 miles I managed on my new viper in the last month of last winter. One thing I was disappointed with was the high speed performance. It's soooo quick on the bottom end but just falls flat... I'm ordering the big venom kit to fix my clutches but would like to learn how this stuff actually works and tune everything in over the summer so I can just enjoy winter. I'd also like to enjoy my machine more than just 3 months out of the year. If its not too ridiculous price wise, I'm thinking of joining you guys on the track next year. I also plan on a turbo next summer and would like to test and tune prior to snow.

Is asphalt clutching drastically different from snow?

One thing I did different with my SR Viper was have a 4 wheeler push it up to the staging lanes and then pick me up at the end of the return road. This keeps the sled at a constant temp of 150° and have run 7 -8 runs back to back, only getting up to 188°. No need for a cool down anymore, just need to have an extra body around to help. If you go with a cool down, find yourself some quick disconnects and make or buy a cool down for under $150.

The track is $700 new and you can find a used track for about $300. Skis, again used for about $250. If you do your homework you could be ready for under $1,000.

Clutching is somewhat close, but is still a little different from snow. Got some good setups when you get to that point :)

Thanks NOS-PRO! Who are your go to suppliers for asphalt specific parts? Any particular brand of wheeled ski you prefer? Do I need to add wheels to the skid?

I like the Wahl Brothers skis, but any of them will work.

Yes, follow this thread from the beginning and you will see where I added wheels to my stock suspension.

You are welcome :)

Back