• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Cross Shaft Saver/ RR upgrade

Can't get the aftermarket shaft to line up with the holes. the entire skid moved forward. I have it on a lift with suspension hanging
Is the rear of the suspension still bolted to the tunnel ?

Compress the rear shock with a ratchet strap, wrap the strap over the torsion spring and down to where the shock mounts at the lower position, crank the strap tight, it will compress the rear and it should line up

Compress the rear shock with a ratchet strap, wrap the strap over the torsion spring and down to where the shock mounts at the lower position, crank the strap tight, it will compress the rear and it should line up

Should I try that before removing top bolt on front shock?

Thanks very much Winder. I really appreciate the help…. I'll let ya know how I make out..
when reinstalling the skid always use a ratchet strap to compress the rear shock as it makes lining up the rear bolts easy once you have the front lined up. Removing the torsion spring tension makes it even easier, take out the bolt that hold the springs to the rails and pull the spring away from the track to take all the tension off. Makes it very easy this way.

when reinstalling the skid always use a ratchet strap to compress the rear shock as it makes lining up the rear bolts easy once you have the front lined up. Removing the torsion spring tension makes it even easier, take out the bolt that hold the springs to the rails and pull the spring away from the track to take all the tension off. Makes it very easy this way.
Thanks. I think I need to take that top bolt off the front shock. It’s a bitch to get at though. The entire assembly is a couple inches too far forward. Perhaps the shock is causing that to happen

Thanks. I think I need to take that top bolt off the front shock. It’s a bitch to get at though. The entire assembly is a couple inches too far forward. Perhaps the shock is causing that to happen
Also loosen the rear axle bolts and back off the track tension all the way loose

Raise the back of sled higher. Skid will come into position to slide over shaft. I put mine in yesterday with no ratchets and track tension set from when I took it out. Think about our old 2 strokes. Tipped them on side and put track at 90deg and skid went in so easy. Same here except it’s no tipped on side. A chain fall from ceiling works best or use a ladder.

Raise the back of sled higher. Skid will come into position to slide over shaft. I put mine in yesterday with no ratchets and track tension set from when I took it out. Think about our old 2 strokes. Tipped them on side and put track at 90deg and skid went in so easy. Same here except it’s no tipped on side. A chain fall from ceiling works best or use a ladder.
I got’r on a lift

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 36

Back