• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big venom rpm adjustment

Hognit09 - Apologize for not seeing this thread on here.

Conditions do play a factor, along with which flash, gearing, track lug size, skis (yes, skis play a huge factor).

We will also be the the TY ride this weekend and if you are coming up....we would like to see what is going on with your sled.

I wish I was coming up as I have always wanted to come to one of these rides. I’m already heading north every other weekend with plans already. I know conditions play a big factor. I had talked to one of you guys at TP and I did everything thing he told me to do except for changing from gates belt to 8jp only because I don’t have that’s not well used. It’s quite possible that conditions are causing all this. I’m hoping to run against my buddies 15 viper to see if any improvements have been made. I appreciate all your info and help

I wish I was coming up as I have always wanted to come to one of these rides. I’m already heading north every other weekend with plans already. I know conditions play a big factor. I had talked to one of you guys at TP and I did everything thing he told me to do except for changing from gates belt to 8jp only because I don’t have that’s not well used. It’s quite possible that conditions are causing all this. I’m hoping to run against my buddies 15 viper to see if any improvements have been made. I appreciate all your info and help

Sounds good hognit09, we are always here to help. We want everyone running our kits to be happy

As all have said, conditions dictate a lot. I have the same TP clutch at 6-1 with an Ulmer Air Box Mod and Can. I run the gates carbon fiber belt since the 8JP is junk IMO and adds way too much variation with belt slip. I'm running a solid 92-95 on most hard pack snow. For me the key was really good belt deflection and I also mange low rpm engagement with the TP 911 cover and adjustment. (trying to get the most out of the belt travel and contact).

Make sure you don't have any spring binding or aluminum flashing interfering with clutch movement on the secondary.
Are you running this combo without a programmer and with the latest flash ?

To speed is very condition related on these machines. Loose or wet snow might only get you low to upper 80’s. Hard pack it will almost always see a lower 90 number. Best I have seen is 103 on gps after a long run on a plowed lake road with perfect conditions. Also as ambient temps go up speed comes down. 2016 RTX DX stock exhaust, stock air box. TP big venom, BOP soft start spring and Ulmer 47 / 41 helix. 8 JP belt.

Sounds good hognit09, we are always here to help. We want everyone running our kits to be happy
Well getting closer. Decided to try a new primary spring seeing how it is the original with 4,300 miles on it, and then it was hitting rev limiter 3 or 4 times on spinning take.so I added the thin washer back to the tip and that brought it down to 1 or 2 rev limit hits. Decided to put in a 1/4 slug in the heels long with the 3/4 slug that was in there. It didn’t change a thing. Once I got out riding tho it wouldn’t hit the rev limiter anymore and was running 8800-8900 rpms and my speed was up to 84 mph on loose Hurley powder snow

I have a hard time believing an EVO muffler is slowing me down. Right now its the only thing keeping my rpms up. When I ran the stock can I couldn’t get rpms over 8600 rpms with 8jp belt, now running gates carbon 8jp size

Don't think for a minute the track isn't the root cause. Been there, done that with the 1.7 lug Sno-X track. It does not run high top speed. 0-60 is phenomenal though.

Back