• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big warmup of 2023 here already???

Here's the thing

No other sport offers the ability to cover the country side and do what you want with our worried about being taken out by others. It is dangerous but less dangerous than road driving or atv'ing.

Here's the thing

No other sport offers the ability to cover the country side and do what you want with our worried about being taken out by others. It is dangerous but less dangerous than road driving or atv'ing.
In Ontario if you go 40KMS over the posted speed limit in your car or truck and get caught your vehicle is impounded, you lose your license immediately for seven days and a court appearance.
In Ontario the trail speed limit is 50kmph, but if I'm caught going 160kms plus I get a $100 ticket and that's it.
That's what I love about about sledding.

In Ontario if you go 40KMS over the posted speed limit in your car or truck and get caught your vehicle is impounded, you lose your license immediately for seven days and a court appearance.
In Ontario the trail speed limit is 50kmph, but if I'm caught going 160kms plus I get a $100 ticket and that's it.
That's what I love about about sledding.
Lol...theres a bike path along the Mohawk river and NYS thruway, with a 25 mph limit, and it is flat and striaght. Fun to race cars going east in the eastbound lanes. Short distances of course!! And you know theyre all doing 70-80 mph! But our huge farm fields are even better. Except during winter when theres no snow. :(

And found out from the OPP horse's mouth that there is NO speed limit on ice, trail or not.

However, 50 km/h is lame. Recently saw on Snowtrax that NY's is 55 MPH (90 km/h). Sure, there are instances where there should be lower speed limits but a blanket 50 km/h is just stupid.

And staying on topic, calling for a bunch of rain tomorrow so I put the sleds in the trailer for summer storage. Stick a fork in it, it's done.

And found out from the OPP horse's mouth that there is NO speed limit on ice, trail or not.

However, 50 km/h is lame. Recently saw on Snowtrax that NY's is 55 MPH (90 km/h). Sure, there are instances where there should be lower speed limits but a blanket 50 km/h is just stupid.

And staying on topic, calling for a bunch of rain tomorrow so I put the sleds in the trailer for summer storage. Stick a fork in it, it's done.
True, 55mph unless otherwise posted.

It's very warm here today. My sled hasn't moved at all this season, but I will be heading to either Quebec or Northern Ontario in March.

I think with the forecast I see here in N wi it maybe done. Snow is gone. Rained and warm still. Supposed to cool down but no measurable snow in the forecast
Maybe march is a winter
Well I guess it’s time to make the turbo bigger
Lol

It's very warm here today. My sled hasn't moved at all this season, but I will be heading to either Quebec or Northern Ontario in March.
Now even Ryan Hall is saying what Joe Bastardi said about stratospheric warming, which pushes the polar vortex into the northeast, late Feb and March. Like 2018. Colud possibly get a few weeks in. March 2018!!

Attachments

• 2018-03-03 11.54.51.jpg
    2018-03-03 11.54.51.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 2018-03-03 12.17.18.png
    2018-03-03 12.17.18.png
    248.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 2018-03-07 05.56.47.jpg
    2018-03-07 05.56.47.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 46
Now even Ryan Hall is saying what Joe Bastardi said about stratospheric warming, which pushes the polar vortex into the northeast, late Feb and March. Like 2018. Colud possibly get a few weeks in. March 2018!!
To date, we've actually had a lot of snowfall this year. But these dang warm-ups ruin it.
The storm on Dec 24th and 25th was awesome, but it only stuck around for a day or two.

To date, we've actually had a lot of snowfall this year. But these dang warm-ups ruin it.
The storm on Dec 24th and 25th was awesome, but it only stuck around for a day or two.
We had 3 days of minimal conditions after trails opened Jan. 2. But it was good mid December, but no trails...we have had many snowy Marchs, so might still get a few miles in. Even Old Forge is pretty much done.

We're done unless or until it snow in southern MN. Moderate rain the entire day yesterday and lots of mid 40's for last week. Rain extended all the way up to arrowhead area north of Duluth and most of northern WI. Sucks!

I could have trailered to my son's place in North Bay but they are calling for even more rain than here and he has a cat that I am very allergic to. Their trails never got out of yellow neither and water crossings never opened this season so even they didn't get the usual cold.

Already planning to get the RV out :(

We're done unless or until it snow in southern MN. Moderate rain the entire day yesterday and lots of mid 40's for last week. Rain extended all the way up to arrowhead area north of Duluth and most of northern WI. Sucks!
Trails in the western UP are junk right now and all the trail maintenance folks up there are saying don’t come up.

That’s a big kick in the crotch for all those businesses who rely on the sledders for their economy.

Back