• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Black Hills SD

snow

Royalblue, Thanks for the great updates on the trails, heard some snow fell out there the last few days, We are coming out feb 6th for 4 days, Im a little nervous with the 40 degree temps forcast sunday thru wed of next week, hopefully the snow will hold up, Thanks again for reports :Rockon:

good to go

We got a lot of snow it will be great , those temps will be fine , up on top it barely gets over freezing when it is 50 in Rapid City

Were going to be awful busy this weekend Trails are a 9 ,,,lots of folks are rolling in to town from ,Ia,Ne,Nd,Mn,Wy,Mt,Id you are good to go after last nights big dump , groomers are rolling as we speak , looks like the pro snocross track is finally done , all of the big dollar race haulers are here, deadwood will be jumpin this weekend.

ride safe and keep to the right , and yes it is ok to spin your track in the corners

B

!!!!!BIG WEEKEND!!!!!!

2/3/13 Had folks wall to wall this weekend , took a ride today , Lead,Black Fox,Flag Mountain the closer you got to Flag Mtn the less snow you have , took trail 12 out of Flag and that was one ski up Wide open trails were like a new super slab , rode powerlines back to Lead , we now have plenty of snow on the trails , there is enough to boondock but no base you go right down to Terra Firma , we still have not got The Big Dump yet , smart money would wait to boondock, on the wide open trail 12 , we seen 1 dead new Cat and a Poe being towed in they must of ran a little to hot on Super Slab.

Warm up again, snow in the cylinders for Fri,Sat,Sun

Flew up to Fargo last week and they had un caged Cats in the Baggage Claim Area! ;):D

Attachments

• snowmobilinginspearfishcanyon3__gallery.jpg
    snowmobilinginspearfishcanyon3__gallery.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 289
  • BLACK FOX CAMPGROUND.png
    BLACK FOX CAMPGROUND.png
    127 KB · Views: 289
  • FLAG MTN LOOKOUT.png
    FLAG MTN LOOKOUT.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 262
  • FARGO AIRPORT.png
    FARGO AIRPORT.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 244
Mardi Gras

Snow is holding up fine, trails are groomed up and nobody cept the locals are out , real quiet , Big Mardi Gras Party this weekend in Deadwood :drink:

Big Snow

2/10/13 Getting a "Big Dump Today" should end up with over a foot here in town with more up high around O Neil Pass , should be in great shape for next weekends Pres Day Weekend , will go out after the storm and update then at present time Il just let it settle.

B

Pic of I-90

Attachments

• 10 feb 13.png
    10 feb 13.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 244
  • Feb 10 dump.png
    Feb 10 dump.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 232
  • I-90 Closed.jpg
    I-90 Closed.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,270
Blizzard

Just took a ride around the town trails to Deadwood , on the Trusty 2000 Phazer Mtn Lite , 4 foot drifts across the trails and whiteout conditions w/zero visibility, winds blowing 55 mph , turned around for the comforts of home and threw a Chicken in the oven.

I-90 is closed from the Wyoming Line to Piedmont SD , the storm will die out tonight and the groomer crew will dial the trails in , sure to bring a permagrin Tuesday am.

B.

good to hear might come out next thursday friday saturday

Stone9 said:
good to hear might come out next thursday friday saturday
Look for the the red nytro and I will look for your new black one! Our group will be out there the 19th through the 24th. Who knows we may see ya there. LET IT SNOW!!
;)!

Re: accom

RoyalBlue said:
were are you staying at , i can get you a hookup trailside in lead , limo to deadwood
we are staying in Deadwood at Blackhills Inn

Govs Ride

No pun intended that is a decent place to stay , trails right there and a trolley ride to the action , I just need a place to drink eat and party on location when out of town on sled buisness , remember back in the day we would have decent snow and the sled would stay on the trailer most of the weekend.

Had some friends out boondocking today , one hit a buried stump and he will be limpin for a while as will his sled , trails are dialed in Double Groomed for "The Govs Ride" this weekend.

Real Good

Every trail is groomed for this weekend looks great ;)!

Attachments

• town trail.png
    town trail.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 0208131952.jpg
    0208131952.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 233
  • 0213131017a (1).jpg
    0213131017a (1).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 215

Back