• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brand New to the Nytro game but I'm going all in!

Lucky as hell LOL! Good to have friends. It's a custom seat from one of the factory Yami mountain guys. It's a shaved seat with a bump to keep you forward & let you know where you are on the seat when you feel it. I did a quick test fit & needless to say amazing for the off trail.

I'm glad your getting some good riding in out there now! Wish I was but mother nature doesn't always play fair. Keep posting those pics to help me feel like I'm there. You can't beat the Temps for spring riding! Once I get the seat covered & on I'll get some pics.

I might have to have an upholstery pro put this one on. Alot of stretching to get this one on.

The high rise WRP seat will be going up for sale shortly if anyone is interested? The second pic just shows the difference.
20150329_124521_resized_1.jpg

20150329_124553_resized_2.jpg

I got the new seat covered and back on! Plenty of room to move around now.
20150401_180101_resized.jpg
20150401_180054_resized.jpg

The high rise WRP style seat will be up for sale.

I think I found one of those on ebay, how do you like the seat? is there much padding left with how cut down it is?

It seems fine when I sit on it. There's more foam on it than my moto-cross bike seat. It's defiantly not like the coach that was on it LOL but I feel it should be great for its application and still fine for trail riding as well. I really like the little bump up on the back of the seat.

I finished running power for my gauges and plumbing my Koso Super Slim Style Temp gauge this weekend and here's is what I did:
Power for all gauges:

I'd recommend wiring your gauges (+) connection into the blue/white wire coming from the load side of the 20A headlight fuse. Strip some insulation back, solder your wire to the blue/white wire, and then tape / heat shrink everything up good. I also ran a separate 5 amp in-line fuse on the power lead for the gauges. Your (-) connection can go directly to the negative terminal on the battery (use a suitable ring terminal on the end of your wire.

The DC jack wiring would also work fine, but it's only protected by a 3A fuse. That doesn't leave much circuit capacity for other gadgets.
View attachment 97945

I located my Temp Sensor directly into the Thermostat housing. There is a molded port on the housing that will need to be drilled out and then tapped for your temp sensor. I needed to use a brass bushing (1/4 NPT x 1/8 NPT) for my sensor to fit into the housing, depending on your sensor this may or may not be the case.
View attachment 97946
View attachment 97947
Drill a small pilot hole directly in the center of the port all the way through into the T-stat housing.
View attachment 97948
Now start increasing the size of the hole until you get to the size needed for your thread tap. I had a ¼” NPT so my final size was 7/16”.
View attachment 97949
Now tap the port for your sensor of bushing. I used a ¼” NPT. Be sure to make the threads deep enough for your sensor to thread all the way in.
View attachment 97950
Now thread your bushing and or sensor into the housing and remember to use Teflon tape.
View attachment 97951
Re-install the housing and route your sensor wire back to the gauge.
View attachment 97952

I still need to mount the gauge but I'm not sure where it will end up yet.

Hi, I have a 08 Nytro that I'm building with a Supercharger. I have mounted a Koso X2 and need to know which is better. I wanted to mount to ignition switch as per instructions but couldn't get it to work right with the ignition switch. You state a bue/white wire is where to connect the white power lead from the Koso. Did you consider the red/white wire in the cluster in wire harness? will the Koso boot up and shut down properly when key or kill switch turned off?

Thanks

When you wire all your powers to the blue/white (master switched power lead & remember put a fuse on this lead) your gauge will power on & off with the ignition. Now the sled must be running to activate the gauges & not just in the run position if I remember correctly. I'd have to re-look at the wire diagram again to see what the red/white wire is powering but I believe I didn't use that wire because I didn't want to over load that circuit. Let me know if this helps or if you need more info let me know.

Any update on the most modified Nytro ever? Still have it?

ttt: What's up with this beast Mr Edge?!

Back