• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Build of a $600 SR Viper

new tunnel support plates 1/8 plate steel riveted with cherry rivets and glued with some urethane caulking will strengthen tremendously where the tunnel was all beat up from the cross shaft breaking

PC010073.JPG

PC010074.JPG

new gauge idea if i turbo then the gauge pods on each side will be a good spot for Boost and AFR gauges
PC010071.JPG

PC010070.JPG

I went with it becaus

I went with it because it cleanly eliminates reverse and it is also a lot lighter. Is there a benefit, probably not. I read about a turbo'd machine putting 600hp threw it though, so that tells me it is plenty strong.
Got ya. Good to know thanks. I need reverse on my vector, lol.

BING! fries are done, order up. Next load of parts ordered just arrived so I might be able to have this running by the weekend!!!! :jump:

BING! fries are done, order up. Next load of parts ordered just arrived so I might be able to have this running by the weekend!!!! :jump:
Awesome!! Do you have much, or any snow up where you live? Maine is getting a fair amount of snow, not enough to ride yet though. Suppose to be getting 6-14" of snow, I am hoping for the 14", lol. I am just finishing up working on my Vector, getting it ready for the season.

Awesome!! Do you have much, or any snow up where you live? Maine is getting a fair amount of snow, not enough to ride yet though. Suppose to be getting 6-14" of snow, I am hoping for the 14", lol. I am just finishing up working on my Vector, getting it ready for the season.

Snow is good here, our temps stayed warmer then usual so we got a lot more snow then normally for this time of the year, it is starting to get cold now though. I was able to take the kids around for Halloween on my Professional, most years it is like that, cold but not a huge amount of snow. We normally get a good amount of snow per year but the wind always takes it out to sea when we get a storm. The trees you have in the south do a great job of keeping the snow in one spot. I miss trees! the only thing I don't miss about them is the way they don't move when you hit them :)

Snow is good here, our temps stayed warmer then usual so we got a lot more snow then normally for this time of the year, it is starting to get cold now though. I was able to take the kids around for Halloween on my Professional, most years it is like that, cold but not a huge amount of snow. We normally get a good amount of snow per year but the wind always takes it out to sea when we get a storm. The trees you have in the south do a great job of keeping the snow in one spot. I miss trees! the only thing I don't miss about them is the way they don't move when you hit them :)
Got ya. Nice!! Yeah the trees do not like to move that is for sure. We are now suppose to be getting 8-16" of snow.

Gauge and windshield mounted. 5 rivets and she is good, not that great for a trail repair but oh well.
PC130001.JPG
Hand guards, heaters and grips on as well. I like the feel of the RSI grip wraps but I am not really digging how much white is in the hand guards, they might have to be changed out to all black ones.
PC130002.JPG
PC130003.JPG
PC130004.JPG
I just need to finish up some wiring, mount the starter, fill with fluids, cross the fingers and then hit the key and see what happens.

Gauge and windshield mounted. 5 rivets and she is good, not that great for a trail repair but oh well.
View attachment 134426
Hand guards, heaters and grips on as well. I like the feel of the RSI grip wraps but I am not really digging how much white is in the hand guards, they might have to be changed out to all black ones.
View attachment 134427
View attachment 134428
View attachment 134429
I just need to finish up some wiring, mount the starter, fill with fluids, cross the fingers and then hit the key and see what happens.
Sweet!!! You got this sled for a pretty good price right? As it was so beat up? How many miles does this sled have on it? Btw, we only got 8" of snow, Vs the 16", lol

Sweet!!! You got this sled for a pretty good price right? As it was so beat up? How many miles does this sled have on it? Btw, we only got 8" of snow, Vs the 16", lol

Paid $600 for it, and it was really beat up. Shocking how badly it was abused, neglected and butch'd together. At this point I am unsure of the K's on the machine, I still have yet to fire it to see the odometer. Hopefully that will come soon.

Paid $600 for it, and it was really beat up. Shocking how badly it was abused, neglected and butch'd together. At this point I am unsure of the K's on the machine, I still have yet to fire it to see the odometer. Hopefully that will come soon.
You got a great price on it. I can't wait to see the amount of miles it has. You are doing an awesome job btw!! Looking good.

Update:

new oil cooler on motor
new starter on motor
new battery/starter cables going on machine (6 gauge welding cable)

the factory cables are garbage and with the battery being mounted so far away from the starter a better conductor will help big time.

factory cables are on the right
PC140001.JPG
PC140002.JPG

Getting closer to fire it up time

Just curious what kind of $ do you think you'll have into when you are done. I've done similar in the past with sleds and motorcycles and end up having as much into them as I would have if I had just gone out and bought the same machine in good condition. I enjoy working on them just as much though and then you know exactly what you have when your done.

I am probably in the $5000 range so far. At the time when I bought this last year the cheapest I found on used was $7800can. So I figured I could spend about $7000 total before it started to cost money. I have done a lot of things to this machine that cost extra money and weren't necessary but again as I said, I figured I could drop $7000can and it would still be a good deal. Is that smart money, no, but hey I get what I want or at least what I think I wanted in the end. I still want to get a few other things and that should bring me near my $7000 price point +/-. And maybe, just maybe if the Tax man is good to me this year, there will be a call to Hurricane for a turbo. And then that will break the bank and blow the budget all to hell, but deep inside me and I don't like admitting this one, but I am suffering from TURBO envy. :(

Back