• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Center shock spring handling upgrade

Well QA1 hasnt helped anyone here a lick and it sucks a guy like me and Bill who both tested this spring get #*$&@ on when all the development was done by Bill and I tested it. But there you go if you dont understand you never came up with something on your own. Cheap skate is what I think.

Well QA1 hasnt helped anyone here a lick and it sucks a guy like me and Bill who both tested this spring get #*$&@ on when all the development was done by Bill and I tested it. But there you go if you dont understand you never came up with something on your own. Cheap skate is what I think.

I don't care about Bill but I didn't think I was stepping on your toes as well. I deleted the content of that post. If you do the same with your reply, the info will be gone.

And... the last 2 statements are completely wrong.

I don't care about Bill but I didn't think I was stepping on your toes as well. I deleted the content of that post. If you do the same with your reply, the info will be gone.

And... the last 2 statements are completely wrong.
Of course it affects me. I am selling them. I changed 3 shock springs at a MX track and went through trouble of setting them as good as I could to come to conclusion I liked Bills spring alot. Now the sales of those springs will go to some stranger who could care less. I never even thought of looking for a cheaper spring since Bill came out with the design from scratch. He deserves the sales and frankly I think I do also. It is a reasonable cost at $70. I believe I bought my first one at that price or near it. You guys make the choice. If I cant make a few bucks then I will just go back to working overtime at my regular job. Rant over. I dont hold grudges. Its last I am speaking about this. Ride On!

I've removed my post. If cannondale removes his reply, the info will be gone.

I've removed my post. If cannondale removes his reply, the info will be gone.
Don’t sweat it. I won’t. Just remember who did the work and testing and you will never know for sure if those eBay springs are the same. Might be leaving something on the table.

Don’t sweat it. I won’t. Just remember who did the work and testing and you will never know for sure if those eBay springs are the same. Might be leaving something on the table.

Wish I knew you sold them. I found Bill and ordered one from him last fall. I had no idea that you sold them. You might wanna add it to your signature. We all appreciate what you do here.

I just got one from Bill and FINALLY am going to try it out this weekend! Can't wait to dial it in and ride!

So if I have a 2017 SRViper XTX SE, I believe I still have an undersized center shock spring and I should replace it with a spring with a higher spring rate (in the neighborhood of 160-180 lbs depending upon rider weight.) Anyone disagree?

If I'm looking for the ultimate trail ride from this sled I should also be adding the Hygear Pro Linkage Kit with Dual pressure (about $400) is that correct? It's worth doing BOTH of these updates to improve trail riding? I've seen great feedback for each upgrade individually (center spring and Hygeear) but I wasn't sure what the combined effect would be or if it was necessary or advisable.

So if I have a 2017 SRViper XTX SE, I believe I still have an undersized center shock spring and I should replace it with a spring with a higher spring rate (in the neighborhood of 160-180 lbs depending upon rider weight.) Anyone disagree?

If I'm looking for the ultimate trail ride from this sled I should also be adding the Hygear Pro Linkage Kit with Dual pressure (about $400) is that correct? It's worth doing BOTH of these updates to improve trail riding? I've seen great feedback for each upgrade individually (center spring and Hygeear) but I wasn't sure what the combined effect would be or if it was necessary or advisable.
None is really needed but they sure work well. Both. Winter and life is short if keeping sled long term don’t even think about it. Order them.

Just wanted to share my experience for fellow Canadians. Any Canadian source for a spring was more expensive, so whatever I would have saved in shipping was almost eaten up by the extra cost of the spring. And then you would also be getting something unproven. I guess faster shipping time would be the bonus.

Zbroz in the USA was the absolute worst. I would highly recommend not dealing with them. The website told me $50 to ship this little spring! So I phoned them, explaining that I thought it must be mistake. The guy on the line told me "Yeah, we can ship that for $25, just call back if you want to order.". I called back a couple of days later and the phone was answered by some grumpy guy who said "No, I don't care, all shipping to Canada is $50." I asked him to ask a couple of the guys who were there if they had spoken to me. He refused and said to call back myself and try to find out who I had spoken to. So I did, and they refused to answer any more of my calls! Crazy bad customer service, and a ridiculous shipping cost. Avoid Zbroz!

Ended up getting from Cannondale. He was very helpful and patient over email as I had a lot of trouble deciding between the 160 and 180 lb springs. Price was reasonable. So thanks a lot to him, and to the other guys here who helped me decide. Am really looking forward to the lighter steering.

I know I'm really happy with the new stingray spring on my rtx, that & some Cannondale revalve w/ DSC for rear,rear!

Just wanted to share my experience for fellow Canadians. Any Canadian source for a spring was more expensive, so whatever I would have saved in shipping was almost eaten up by the extra cost of the spring. And then you would also be getting something unproven. I guess faster shipping time would be the bonus.

Zbroz in the USA was the absolute worst. I would highly recommend not dealing with them. The website told me $50 to ship this little spring! So I phoned them, explaining that I thought it must be mistake. The guy on the line told me "Yeah, we can ship that for $25, just call back if you want to order.". I called back a couple of days later and the phone was answered by some grumpy guy who said "No, I don't care, all shipping to Canada is $50." I asked him to ask a couple of the guys who were there if they had spoken to me. He refused and said to call back myself and try to find out who I had spoken to. So I did, and they refused to answer any more of my calls! Crazy bad customer service, and a ridiculous shipping cost. Avoid Zbroz!

Ended up getting from Cannondale. He was very helpful and patient over email as I had a lot of trouble deciding between the 160 and 180 lb springs. Price was reasonable. So thanks a lot to him, and to the other guys here who helped me decide. Am really looking forward to the lighter steering.
Hope someday to figure out a way to ship to all you Canadians reasonably. McLovin thank you for the kind words. Its all packaged up and should go out tomorrow before I leave for weekend. Just have to figure out the stupid Customs form. Any tips to get this through customs best way. I heard saying its used parts works?

Back