• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Center shock spring handling upgrade

Bill's spring is nothing too special. I have one and it can be found elsewhere as well. He makes it sound like he is having them custom made to his specs. While he may be getting them made, they are a somewhat common coilover spring size.

I don't like "giving away" info on what others are making money on but in the short time I have known who Bill is, we haven't really seen eye-to-eye on some things either. I just don't like people who try to sell something as "custom" when it really isn't custom.

Last edited:

Bill's spring is nothing too special. I have one and it can be found elsewhere cheaper. He makes it sound like he is having them custom made to his specs. While he may be getting them made, they are a somewhat common coilover spring size.

I don't like "giving away" info on what others are making money on but in the shory time I have known who Bill is, we haven't really seen eye-to-eye on some things either. I just don't like people who try to sell something as "custom" when it really isn't custom.
So why did you buy one?

Mine just came in the mail and I hope to install on Saturday. The Stingray spring comes with a lot of positive feedback and I can't wait to try it. Bill was great to deal with.

Mine just came in the mail and I hope to install on Saturday. The Stingray spring comes with a lot of positive feedback and I can't wait to try it. Bill was great to deal with.

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Bill's spring is nothing too special. I have one and it can be found elsewhere as well. He makes it sound like he is having them custom made to his specs. While he may be getting them made, they are a somewhat common coilover spring size.

I don't like "giving away" info on what others are making money on but in the short time I have known who Bill is, we haven't really seen eye-to-eye on some things either. I just don't like people who try to sell something as "custom" when it really isn't custom.

I'm not impressed with the Mr Bill show or his products either. There's way better people to deal with that have superior knowledge and are less argumentative.......

I've got Bill's spring on hand as well and will be putting it up on our website next week.

So far, I have purposely omitted what the actual size of the spring is. We all know it is a 160-lb spring. I will share the info here if I am not going to step on your toes (or anyone else's). Otherwise, I will just keep it to myself, if you prefer.

So far, I have purposely omitted what the actual size of the spring is. We all know it is a 160-lb spring. I will share the info here if I am not going to step on your toes (or anyone else's). Otherwise, I will just keep it to myself, if you prefer.
All I know is it fits and it works so.

I’m wondering what spring I may need for the girlfriends rtx se with the qs3s. I tried it and felt it was very stiff on the softest settings for the qs3s. Are these shocks just valved stiff? She even said it almost bucked her off over a bump. Slide springs are also on the softest setting. Will a center skid spring help or is it these qs3s? Thought these qs3s would be a lot softer on the softest setting. Sled is basically new and not even through breakin period yet, so I’m hoping the shocks will loosen up a bit.

My shocks on my ltx dx are amazing! It rides very plush, but also wondering if a spring would make it even better.

Last edited:

Back