• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chaincase Tensioner Bolts Loose

wish I had seen this last week. I never checked this on either machine. I did have a new chain chase both sides and tensioner put in under warranty the end of last year on one machine with 18600 km. But the machine with 1400km I just had apart I never looked at it.

Last edited:
I know this was posted in the sidewinder section Nov 12. Sidewinder has a wider chain.
But this is the first I heard of this, have any Vipers had this problem?

I know this was posted in the sidewinder section Nov 12. Sidewinder has a wider chain.
But this is the first I heard of this, have any Vipers had this problem?
Yes. MrSled found it on a Viper. Thats why I looked. Mine is also a Viper.

This could be terrible lucky I took some pics when I had mine apart a few weeks ago looks tight in the pic check it again after winter.

Man..! I don't want o take this thing apart again. Not that I cant at all, just tiered of looking for and fixing stupid shi*$) Was just in there and everything checked out ok other than the chain needed tightening. I better like this thing when its time to ride!! Gota be honest, Reminds me of my "Cat days"

Man..! I don't want o take this thing apart again. Not that I cant at all, just tiered of looking for and fixing stupid shi*$) Was just in there and everything checked out ok other than the chain needed tightening. I better like this thing when its time to ride!! Gota be honest, Reminds me of my "Cat days"

I did all of mine except the my 17 Winder, if it falls out and munches the case then I will get a new case from Yamaha. Its s hit and miss and I hope it misses that one.

I have got some of these that are so tight the wheel won’t turn and got some that are cross threaded and bolt isn’t seated all the way

Back