• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check your primary. Re-torque NEW SPECS 108 back off then 43 ft lbs

My Advice... retorque the Sidewinder clutches. Mine slipped on the crank a little but it wasn't very tight. It never popped with the pull just came off...
I retorqued it now 106 ft-lbs then 55 ftlbs for the bolt we'll see if that is enough. I'll inspect it again soon.

So can I do this without pulling the clutch off first or do I need a puller and get the clutch off then retorque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So can I do this without pulling the clutch off first or do I need a puller and get the clutch off then retorque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe you could pull bolt out out a little oil on threads and follow torque procedure. Pay attention to ser if bolt tightens that will let you know that you weren't tight enough.

But it is debatable if you have to pull clutch first. That could affect the press of the clutch on the shaft.

Should be able to leave it on if it was loose the higher torque will just seat the clutch tighter on the tapered crank no need to remove in my opinion

I guess i would need some sort of tool to hold the clutch to do this? Any idea where i can get one?

Put a Hammer Handle or breaker bar handle through the towers.
Awesome thanks I also noticed that the bolt on each of the rollers had play back and forth is this normal?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the updates, how to's and support ty and the members give.

I believe the 6 primary bolts get set to 100 inch pounds---don't remember on the 3 to set the helix

I have a play back and fourth on My clutch, like it was on a splined shaft, about 3-5 mm, Is that normal guys?

Back