• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Machining for Overdrive

Allen ,how much for shipping charge in CANADA , also do i need a longer belt to get more speed

Thanks.

Shipping charge will be slightly dependant on location and also on how you want it shipped. The cheapest will probably be USPS Air Mail and be $18-20. This uses the stock 8DN belt.

Allen,

Do you have a "spare" clutch that is machined? That would be sweet! Then, You could ship it to me and I could ship you mine...as a "core". If not, maybe I'll send mine to you after asphalt is over.

Wayne, I do not currently have any clutches pre-cut at this time.

Allan, would you still recommend gearing up an 08 Nytro even with the clutches cut to shift all the way out?

Probably no need to gear up the FX Nytro with clutches cut. If you gear up I would probably just switch to a 38 bottom tooth instead of the 39 that is stock.

Allen,
How does machining the Primary Clutch for overdrive and decreasing the belt clearance affect tuning the Super Tips? How would you re-configure the weight placement?

I haven't done a ton of testing with that setup (cut clutch & super tips) simply due to the fact that we don't cut very many primary clutches (maybe 10 in the last 4 years). I will try to dig through some notes and see if I can find that information!

Back