• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CLUTCHING ANSWER!!!!

They are a little different, they used some different materials in the 8JP nothing major just a little different. Not to argue with you! Just saying. But no argument!! :moon:

All I'm saying is you have way more power so your engine can over come the different clutch ratio then a stock engine can . You aren't loosing as may RPM'S as a stock engine with this belt on!
I kept taking off weight and my primary started to get very hot and the belt so that's telling me that I was starting to get some or a lot of slipping going on .

09nytro said:
All I'm saying is you have way more power so your engine can over come the different clutch ratio then a stock engine can . You aren't loosing as may RPM'S as a stock engine with this belt on!
I kept taking off weight and my primary started to get very hot and the belt so that's telling me that I was starting to get some or a lot of slipping going on .

With the stock belt or the 8DN?
I was losing a lot of rpm I was maxed out sometimes at 8200 rpm and not get over 84 mph. So I had to do something ;)!

Interesting discussion on the belt. I may have to give this a try.

My experience on the viper has been that I can hit the rev limiter from a 30mph roll on when on hard pack. Rpms then settle down to around 8900. Completely stock clutching. Sled is quick to 80, and I haven't done much of any all out top end runs. Lots of belt dust compared to the nytro and past sleds.

Definately noticed some inconsistancy in performance that can all be attributed to belt slip.

That's how it all started for me and that's why all this belt stuff is on TY now. I blew 4 belts and that's why I tried the 8DN. Now it works real well for some and don't work for others. Weird! But it worked for me.

I just bought an XTX with 1500 miles. didn't want to start to adjust right away but after putting 200 miles on I have come to the conclusion that the clutching is poor at best.
black stripes on both clutches excessive belt wear. rpm's are 8800-8900 but way to much slippage. am going to try the 8 dn later in the week, after scrubbing the clutches. checked ctc and is good. the belt that is on it, upon inspection looks like it is breaking down due to too much side pressure. I will report back after I do some testing.

shagman said:
I just bought an XTX with 1500 miles. didn't want to start to adjust right away but after putting 200 miles on I have come to the conclusion that the clutching is poor at best.
black stripes on both clutches excessive belt wear. rpm's are 8800-8900 but way to much slippage. am going to try the 8 dn later in the week, after scrubbing the clutches. checked ctc and is good. the belt that is on it, upon inspection looks like it is breaking down due to too much side pressure. I will report back after I do some testing.
Do you have a manual ?
What is your c to c , mine is at 263mm !

09nytro said:
shagman said:
Do you have a manual ?
What is your c to c , mine is at 263mm !

I'm at 265mm.

YamahaTim said:
Ya pretty much what happened to me! That's why I posted it so you guys could try this belt as it worked way better for me. I'm glad it's working for you guys! Glad my ripped to shreds belts could help everyone...lol. It's all good just cool that other people are trying what I had done to mine and it works. I guess I could say that I was the first to try this....lol...who knew? Oh well my dealer did it for me anyway. Hopefully they won't run out of 8DN belts

ok i have the ltx se with mcx 190 kit. i am running 6 pounds of boost. i see maybe 8400-8500 rpm. the odd time 8600 rpm. but when i hold it wide open its like 8200-8300 rpm. if i change whatever to get more rpms. will it affect my boost levels?? people talk helixes springs weights etc. just need an opinion on what to do. i feel like i missing out on the turbos full potential. i also finally drove a stock viper. they revved 8900 rpm consistently. this is what i need! so what do i do? thanks for any help

kritter5150 said:
YamahaTim said:
Ya pretty much what happened to me! That's why I posted it so you guys could try this belt as it worked way better for me. I'm glad it's working for you guys! Glad my ripped to shreds belts could help everyone...lol. It's all good just cool that other people are trying what I had done to mine and it works. I guess I could say that I was the first to try this....lol...who knew? Oh well my dealer did it for me anyway. Hopefully they won't run out of 8DN belts

ok i have the ltx se with mcx 190 kit. i am running 6 pounds of boost. i see maybe 8400-8500 rpm. the odd time 8600 rpm. but when i hold it wide open its like 8200-8300 rpm. if i change whatever to get more rpms. will it affect my boost levels?? people talk helixes springs weights etc. just need an opinion on what to do. i feel like i missing out on the turbos full potential. i also finally drove a stock viper. they revved 8900 rpm consistently. this is what i need! so what do i do? thanks for any help

Your boost would rise with rpm, but it depends on what you have it set at. If it's only set at 6 pounds it should stay there with higher revs. Now when mine was running low rpm, my boost would only be at 5-5.5. I need higher rpm to get to max boost. My waste gate is set at 6 pounds. And that's all I get. Now with different conditions like weather it might rise a little or drop a little. I also am running fat on my fuel so if I hit 6.2 or so I'm good. I'm not sure how you control your boost with the MCX turbo? But you would notice a difference in power if your running at 8900 rpm.

after reading through all of these replies I put my 8dn belt on and started messing with shimming the secondary with washers, and took three additional washers added to the factory shim. is anyone else adding this amount to their setup to get the belt to sit properly in the sheaves? just want to be sure i'm not going to have an issue. I have about 620 miles on my 15 rtx, tons of belt dust on the belly pan and white tunnel driving me nuts. other than that the occasional rev limiter but can also smell the belt slip at lower speeds.

Part of your "belt dust" on the tunnel is brake dust. Mine is always dirty after a ride, but in side the panel there's much less.

Mine is in the belly pan and also on the footwell area. I have the 8dn on it right now. Contemplating on stopping at osp and picking up their adjustment tool or just shimming. I just wanted to know if there's a limit of how many shims are acceptable to use or just shim until belt sits prophet in secondary

Back