• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching on the cheap

I was really looking forward to testing this set up at Summit this weakend. Order my shims from Thunder Products, and was at the house in just a few days with tons of intersting litature. Called my dealer yesterday after waiting aweak and was told spring and weights back ordered, come back next weak and maybe they could give me a estimated arrival time. Was exremely disapointed. Stock clutching sucks. I think my Phazer could take it on the trail. Kudos to NOS-PRO for taking the time to answer all my questions and helping with the clutching I will need. Fred

Fred, you are very welcome and Thank You for the awesome comment :)

I put all the parts in my xlt. I will give you and update on how it works. When ever we get snow. The only difference is I have 3 shims and 4.5 grams in the tip. I figured I could grind off some weight if its to heavy until I get where I like it. I got 3300 miles on it from last winter.

I put all the parts in my xlt. I will give you and update on how it works. When ever we get snow. The only difference is I have 3 shims and 4.5 grams in the tip. I figured I could grind off some weight if its to heavy until I get where I like it. got 3300 miles on it from last winter.
You might need more as I did last year. Add 3.2 in the middle if your high on rpm's.

OK. Will do. Another reason I went with 4.5 is because I am on the east coast at sea level and we always have to run a little more weight here. At least that was my experience when I was running polaris.

I'm in u.p. michigan. About 500'. You should be close to same as me.

Most snowmobile places should be able to get any aftermarket part for your sled. I recently purchased a 46/40 helix from an aftermarket website the other day, he was going to machine them this week. Trying to get him to advertise here which he wants to....gave Mr SLed his info and was going to call him. His helix was $69.95

When i saw the price i knew who you were referring to. Im positive it's the same place i have been buying my helixes from.
Awsome product for the money and he can cut whatever angles you want
Also makes a few products for the procross chassis some of the guys here would be interested in
Hopefully he will decide to advertise.

Yes it should be, but from my experience from talking to aftermarket companies when I was grass dragging they figured my sled shouldn't pull what I was putting in it. This was back in the 90's before fuel injection also. In theory everything should be the same. I will test it out over here and report back.

I see a lot of you have the XTX. Have you or anyone here done this for the LTX?
I am running this set up with a smaller angle helix 45/43. Only made a few test runs in a bean field. rpms were down but out of the hole the rpms went to 9000 and after settling in it dropped to 8700 8800. I am running 3.5 in the tip and 3 mm shim in primary with gwg spring and 8dn belt setup. mbrp trail can studded down the middle. The throttle response is amazing and it gets up there quick. I haven't been able to go on long runs yet but 92 mph comes up a lot quicker. I am going to run this for awhile before lightning up my 8fp weights. No more banging the rev limiter which is what I was trying to accomplish. The other mods are just because.

I am running this set up with a smaller angle helix 45/43. Only made a few test runs in a bean field. rpms were down but out of the hole the rpms went to 9000 and after settling in it dropped to 8700 8800. I am running 3.5 in the tip and 3 mm shim in primary with gwg spring and 8dn belt setup. mbrp trail can studded down the middle. The throttle response is amazing and it gets up there quick. I haven't been able to go on long runs yet but 92 mph comes up a lot quicker. I am going to run this for awhile before lightning up my 8fp weights. No more banging the rev limiter which is what I was trying to accomplish. The other mods are just because.

Glad to hear! Not sure of your mileage but the Viper gains from 350 to 800 rpm from new to 500 miles. I suggest going heavy on the weights and breaking it in before final adjustment.

Glad to hear! Not sure of your mileage but the Viper gains from 350 to 800 rpm from new to 500 miles. I suggest going heavy on the weights and breaking it in before final adjustment.
I have 1300 miles so far. No snow gotta travel I guess. Thanks Stingray and Nos.

Back