• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cross Shaft Damage and Repair info and pics

Will be compiling some info here for help when the unthinkable happens. Will say its time consuming but very easy to repair almost any damage we put on our poor sleds. This was first ride last season. Couple unlucky folks have recently had questions on repair.

My ride came to a sudden stop after 150mi and a railroad grade! Hopefully just a arm. Was worth it though.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

I would be sick if that happened to mine.
Will let you know today if I am going to be sick. Happened at end of day and TA Motorsports had a arm on hand. Picked it up this morning. Just have a bad feeling that it may be more than just the snapped arm. It was a hard enough hit that my left arm cracked the windshield. Amazing the force at 10mph or so! Stay away from railroad tracks even if its a big shortcut guys not worth it and I have seen much worse on them.

My ride came to a sudden stop after 150mi and a railroad grade! Hopefully just a arm. Was worth it though.
View attachment 113961 View attachment 113962 View attachment 113963 View attachment 113964
Wow Dude, that is ugly......I preach to Ditch Cricket all the time about staying away from train tracks for that very reason. Last year, he went through two spindles, one lower radius rod, and one throttle lever on the SXR in one week, both times by hitting train tracks at low speed. Train tracks are baaaaad.

Will let you know today if I am going to be sick. Happened at end of day and TA Motorsports had a arm on hand. Picked it up this morning. Just have a bad feeling that it may be more than just the snapped arm. It was a hard enough hit that my left arm cracked the windshield. Amazing the force at 10mph or so! Stay away from railroad tracks even if its a big shortcut guys not worth it and I have seen much worse on them.
That happened at a track crossing?

That happened at a track crossing?
No I was 2 mi from destination and ran into water. It was 35 mi to go around. Saw a guy take the track to avoid the water on trail so I followed him. Hit something metal with outside carbide stopping sled instantly hard enough to send my arm through windshield. No excuses I should not have been there.

No I was 2 mi from destination and ran into water. It was 35 mi to go around. Saw a guy take the track to avoid the water on trail so I followed him. Hit something metal with outside carbide stopping sled instantly hard enough to send my arm through windshield. No excuses I should not have been there.
Where was this, I am riding south of Hancock today, trail seem descent, heard trail #109 had lot of water, hit Greenland and back to Hancock.

Where was this, I am riding south of Hancock today, trail seem descent, heard trail #109 had lot of water, hit Greenland and back to Hancock.
Exactly 1.5 mi from Baraga. Ride Baraga plains,Taivola to BigBay. All really good. mass City it was thin.

Well its not as easy a subframe removal as Phazer or Nytro thats for sure but the parts are cheap and should be good as new. Just waiting for parts. Hoping to have it back together for weekend. I got the Evo exhaust header back yesterday and made a bit richer PCV Map. Testing continues. More snow and Finally cold forecasted for here even. Need Ice. Hopefully this is the real start of winter!
Frame1.JPG
Frame2.JPG

Take lots of pictures. Would like to see how our sleds are put together. Good luck brother!

Yes please share as many pictures as possible. Im really sorry this happened but you weren't hurt which is the most important thing. How much is that subframe? How badly was it bent?

Well its not as easy a subframe removal as Phazer or Nytro thats for sure but the parts are cheap and should be good as new. Just waiting for parts. Hoping to have it back together for weekend. I got the Evo exhaust header back yesterday and made a bit richer PCV Map. Testing continues. More snow and Finally cold forecasted for here even. Need Ice. Hopefully this is the real start of winter!
View attachment 114188 View attachment 114189

Plans to address the bellcrank bushings while you are in there?

Back