• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

D&D tune with stock muffler mod

Yeh their website does suck. I started with D&D’s grey secondary spring and the stock 35 helix and stock primary spring. Top end sucked with that set up. D&D then sent me their blue secondary spring and that really sucked so that was when I pulled the Dalton springs and the stock 39/35 helix out of my SRX and put them in the D&D SIdewinder. That combo really woke it up and I actually like the D&D Magnaforce weighs as much or more than the Daltons for that sled. I went through the same thing you are trying to get good real world setups for the D&D tunes and now it runs well. That being said because of the major pita it was to get dialed in and lack of support I ended up buying the TD bundle and clutching to tune my SRX.
Did they send blue secondary or a blue primary? I bought the blue primary spring not a blue secondary. I tried stock helix with their gray secondary and dalton black green in primary with their magnaforce weights loaded up and it overreved bad. Went back to 37/42 and back down to 9200/9300 in about half mile. Just would like a little more throttle response on trails.
And thank you for your replies and help.

Anybody else running D&D? Hard to believe only a couple of us on here are! But, maybe so.......

Anybody else running D&D? Hard to believe only a couple of us on here are! But, maybe so.......
I've seen results of their tunes on Dynotech, and the numbers are good.
However, a few years ago I ordered performance parts for an Apex. Airhorns, clutching, power commander. I paid for them when ordering. Only took a year(!!) to get them.
Obviously I can't do business there again.

Yeh their website does suck. I started with D&D’s grey secondary spring and the stock 35 helix and stock primary spring. Top end sucked with that set up. D&D then sent me their blue secondary spring and that really sucked so that was when I pulled the Dalton springs and the stock 39/35 helix out of my SRX and put them in the D&D SIdewinder. That combo really woke it up and I actually like the D&D Magnaforce weighs as much or more than the Daltons for that sled. I went through the same thing you are trying to get good real world setups for the D&D tunes and now it runs well. That being said because of the major pita it was to get dialed in and lack of support I ended up buying the TD bundle and clutching to tune my SRX.
I like those magnaforce weights also.

Did they send blue secondary or a blue primary? I bought the blue primary spring not a blue secondary. I tried stock helix with their gray secondary and dalton black green in primary with their magnaforce weights loaded up and it overreved bad. Went back to 37/42 and back down to 9200/9300 in about half mile. Just would like a little more throttle response on trails.
My bad it was the D&D Blue primary and that thing was a POS. Engagement was way high and I don’t thing I even made it out of the shop before scrapping that spring.

I've seen results of their tunes on Dynotech, and the numbers are good.
However, a few years ago I ordered performance parts for an Apex. Airhorns, clutching, power commander. I paid for them when ordering. Only took a year(!!) to get them.
Obviously I can't do business there again.
Back in my 2-smoke days, I was a big D&D customer. Tried to work with them when I first got my 998. Without going into all the details, I gave up on them. Went to PEFI and very happy.

My bad it was the D&D Blue primary and that thing was a POS. Engagement was way high and I don’t thing I even made it out of the shop before scrapping that spring.
Great......I just put blue spring in and wrapped secondary tighter to what they recommended for tune. Blue spring did raise engagement to around 3800/3900 rpm. So you never tried it on the trail? They're claiming better mid and throttle response with this combo.
Back in my 2-smoke days, I was a big D&D customer. Tried to work with them when I first got my 998. Without going into all the details, I gave up on them. Went to PEFI and very happy.
PEFI....Precision?

Great......I just put blue spring in and wrapped secondary tighter to what they recommended for tune. Blue spring did raise engagement to around 3800/3900 rpm. So you never tried it on the trail? They're claiming better mid and throttle response with this combo.

PEFI....Precision?
Yes

Avenger, did you ever get on trails with their blue spring in and their recommended clutch setup? Plan on going to Canada and dont want to be blowing belts all over the place! They claim this is a good corner to corner setup.

I never even tried it as I couldn’t get past the aggressive engagement and the over all length of the spring just didn’t sit well with me. I never felt backshift and throttle response was an issue. The one thing I learned on my SRX while trying to dial it in is that it had a fault code stored and was keeping the sled from running its full potential so I was beating my head against the wall. If you have a flasher you can verify that there are no codes and if there are codes you can clear them. If there is persistent problem the codes will come back but if a code was from a previous problem that was fixed and not cleared it will mess with you.

Avenger, thanks for your help. It seems very few running D&D stuff on the winders. I'll probably have to rethink who I'm going with next year to get better setup. Always had good luck with them but it seems they are more into the 2 smoke stuff than the 4's.

Sorry to be what seems to be beating a dead horse here but does anyone know if the D&D tunes were written by Hurricane Performance or someone else? I am trying to contact Hurricane to inquire but dont know if they will tell me or not. Want to be safe with tune and not blow up like someone else on here has already done.

Avenger, thanks for your help. It seems very few running D&D stuff on the winders. I'll probably have to rethink who I'm going with next year to get better setup. Always had good luck with them but it seems they are more into the 2 smoke stuff than the 4's.
X2

Sorry to be what seems to be beating a dead horse here but does anyone know if the D&D tunes were written by Hurricane Performance or someone else? I am trying to contact Hurricane to inquire but dont know if they will tell me or not. Want to be safe with tune and not blow up like someone else on here has already done.
Sorry again, but does anyone out there know?

Back