• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly, my setup

I have been running my weights with bolt with 4flat washers and lock washer in the shoulder and middle hole bolt and 2 washers and tip bolt and 1 washer. It pulls great till 85 on the radar gun then tapers off. This is where the other sleds start to catch and pass me. This is in 1300 feet to 2000 foot races. We will run a mile at a time wo
Iam looking for some help in keeping my acceleration good till 100 mph.
Anyone have any tips?
Thanks in advance
Richie R

drag n fly

From my testing the drag n fly does not seem to pull the top end like the stock weights or haucks vp weights. Now this was in a 1/4 mile run and every setup with the drag n fly it was consistently 2 mph slower in this distance and seemed like it was not climbing like the other weights. I have been testing the drag n fly for four years with all different combinations against three other setups. I just have to compile my results and than will post all the ets and mph results. The drag n fly is a good weight but I feel it will not pull the top end against the other two. This is just from my testing what I found. Other people may have a difference of opinion, Thanks Kurt

I can get 128 on the dream meter on ice. They pull really well bottom and mid but they seem to fall off a little and then pick up again. I have racing worked over 800 xcrs and I just need to carry my acceleration longer.
We are running hardpack on the river.

drag n fly

What are you pulling for rpms. Contrary to what some say I tested pulling them 10300 out of the hole climbing to 10800 versus 10300 climbing to 10500-600 and climbing to 10500-600 was actually guicker in a 1000 ft to a 1/4 mile. Thanks Kurt

When you start it goes to 10300 or 10400 and climbs to 10500 10600 at most. Depending on the snow it never climbs over 10400. But I do have 2 washers in the middle hole and most people only run 1 washer. With 2 washers in the middle it has awesome low to mid pull though. I will remove 1 washer and try it that way. Iam using the white primary spring.
Is there a better spring to use?
I will be going to moose lake this weekend for a day of drag racing.

Put two speeds on the apex xtx. Im pretty close with my set up but unfortunately you have to compensate to have the best of both worlds. Well Ive got it now baby, the weight i had to add because of the bolt hurt my trail speeds just so i could have a backshift in the powder. Found a substitute to reduce the weight of that particular bolt by either 1.8 grams or 1.3 grams. Ill see how testing goes this week but I know I'll be within rpms because this is exactly what im looking for.

Interesting note though the screws are weighed in at 3.0grams by supertorquer but with calibration and a zeroed out scale Im getting a reading of 3.3grams. Whatever the case may be Ive accomidated for it but just letting guys know.

Re: drag n fly

woodysattak said:
From my testing the drag n fly does not seem to pull the top end like the stock weights or haucks vp weights. Now this was in a 1/4 mile run and every setup with the drag n fly it was consistently 2 mph slower in this distance and seemed like it was not climbing like the other weights. I have been testing the drag n fly for four years with all different combinations against three other setups. I just have to compile my results and than will post all the ets and mph results. The drag n fly is a good weight but I feel it will not pull the top end against the other two. This is just from my testing what I found. Other people may have a difference of opinion, Thanks Kurt

Are you using the 2-speeds? Ive used both and the 38-20 2speeds are a monster on top end. Thats the purpose of these particular weights compared to the heelclickers, not to mention the on-the-fly adjustability of increase top end rpms by 100 without even having to take the primary cover off. The tuning ability of these weights makes it possible for you to have ALMOST the absolute best of both worlds. The setup ive got had no problem pulling to 10,800 without losing the critical shift in the hole. Of course conditions play a huge factor and with 5-6" of snow on the ground right now its only a matter of time until the season begins

has anyone switched their black HC spring from the kit and tried a stock yamaha primary spring? o-p-o, p-p-p? i've got my hands on both, i'm looking for a lower engagement which i know these springs will help but has anyone had their kit, any brand, dialed in to their liking and then throw one of these springs on?

I'm where i want to be, aside from switching gears to have a less intense holeshot i'm hoping when i can actually test these springs this season that the effects(either up or down in rpms) will not be too much different and a couple adjustments im sure will have to be made.

I'm thinking the o-p-o is going to increase rpms right through the whole shift but i wont have any clue until i can test. If anyone else has something similar done with any kit id like to hear.

spring

turk and myself played a bunch purple-green-purble works good and it's much smoother, also
conditions change daily, god bless ya mike.

Hey guys any tips and results for clutch kits for a 2011 apex se 128 track no studs , ulmer air box mod and power commander V , the programmer has Allan Ulmers mapping for the 2011 apex se and works great , just want to get some clutch tips if any are required thanks guys

Well threw the black HC spring out the window and spent some time today getting te o-p-o spring with 2 speeds to work. Pleased to report that it seems that spring almost perfectly mimics the black HC spring except for an almost 800rpm engagement loss which is excellent. Perfect launching rpms, perfect top end rpms, the rest is history. Nice to finally find it since Im picky as hell!

0-P-0 is that orange purple orange?

By any chance have a yammi part number on the spring? I love trying stuff out, although on my 07 the black hc spring is pretty good...

Super Sled said:
0-P-0 is that orange purple orange?

By any chance have a yammi part number on the spring? I love trying stuff out, although on my 07 the black hc spring is pretty good...

Dont have a part number but it is pink. I had alot of faith in the black HC but the high engagement was getting tiring. I wanted to find something as close as possible to the hc spring and this it operates just the same. Very happy with it

yamahahaapex said:
Well threw the black HC spring out the window and spent some time today getting te o-p-o spring with 2 speeds to work. Pleased to report that it seems that spring almost perfectly mimics the black HC spring except for an almost 800rpm engagement loss which is excellent. Perfect launching rpms, perfect top end rpms, the rest is history. Nice to finally find it since Im picky as hell!

Thanks for letting us know how the O-P-O spring worked in your testing. There's been a lot of Drag-n-Fly and 2-Speed users that have been looking for a lower engagement spring to use other than the black HC spring. What engagement speed are you seeing now with O-P-O spring with your 2-Speed weights? Care to share the actual 2-Speed weight placement set up that you're now using with the O-P-O spring?

Back