• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly, my setup

VX1R said:
yamahahaapex said:
Well threw the black HC spring out the window and spent some time today getting te o-p-o spring with 2 speeds to work. Pleased to report that it seems that spring almost perfectly mimics the black HC spring except for an almost 800rpm engagement loss which is excellent. Perfect launching rpms, perfect top end rpms, the rest is history. Nice to finally find it since Im picky as hell!

Thanks for letting us know how the O-P-O spring worked in your testing. There's been a lot of Drag-n-Fly and 2-Speed users that have been looking for a lower engagement spring to use other than the black HC spring. What engagement speed are you seeing now with O-P-O spring with your 2-Speed weights? Care to share the actual 2-Speed weight placement set up that you're now using with the O-P-O spring?

engagement is a smooth 3500 compared to 4200 which is a dream, my set up will differ to anyones mainly due to weight. Not sure if I want to go that far because it was the late "Turk" that got me set up this way. He had full faith in the 2 speeds and its easy to see why. On the go adjustability, easy tuning, makes a days worth of testing into only half a day for this reason. Im at the point where Im using(the name eludes me at this point) threaded bolts with no heads with loc-tite to get it right to the tee. If i want to sacrifice a little from here to give it to there I can get it done quite quickly due to the weight scale and again being able to adjust quite quickly. You cant have the best of both worlds but its pretty close and if im thinking i need a bit more top end for the day its only a couple bolts away

Back