• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Early dyno reports (850R)

I’m looking forward to some comparisons!
I'd rather see the comparison...a straight line one. Lol.
I always hear stories, seeing is believing.
One story that sticks in my head, an ex member (winder guy) sold his to his buddy and bought a new 900r. His claims are the winder could not keep up with the 900r. I sure wish I was riding the 998 in that particular scenario.
I'm not knocking the ability of the 850r at all. Just saying.
My thought is, they would need a rolling start at say 5 miles an hour across a lake to kind of even things out.

One story that sticks in my head, an ex member (winder guy) sold his to his buddy and bought a new 900r. His claims are the winder could not keep up with the 900r. I sure wish I was riding the 998 in that particular scenario.
My thought is, they would need a rolling start at say 5 miles an hour across a lake to kind of even things out.

It will be fun to compare the 2 machines. We have 2 other Winder's in our group and they are looking forward to running me. All machines are stock. Interestingly, the '17 SW in our group is the fastest of the 3.

It will be fun to compare the 2 machines. We have 2 other Winder's in our group and they are looking forward to running me. All machines are stock. Interestingly, the '17 SW in our group is the fastest of the 3.
Definitely excited for you guys. I'm pretty confident that 850r is going to give the '17 a run for its money, if not stay out on the winder for a while. Surprisingly, a Pol 850 (non turbo) was a handful against my very quick, completely stock Winder. luckily I was able to pull away above 65-70mph, but not like one would think. I sweated that one out. Lol. keep us posted!!!! congratulations!!

Yeah rules of engagement need to be known by participants. I.e. are we racing top end only? Is it first to cross 1000' line from dead stop? Is it the line at 1/2 mile? Line at 1 mile? Line at 660'? Is it MPH? Is it a 5 mph roll? etc.

Yeah rules of engagement need to be known by participants. I.e. are we racing top end only? Is it first to cross 1000' line from dead stop? Is it the line at 1/2 mile? Line at 1 mile? Line at 660'? Is it MPH? Is it a 5 mph roll? etc.
The reason for 5mph roll is, it takes a lot of user error out of the equation, amongst other things. Now your dealing mostly with horsepower, pushing a given weight.

FRom a standing start the new 850 turbo is going to be hard to catch in a short distance. ALso the ecus are not locked so tunes should be affordable.

FRom a standing start the new 850 turbo is going to be hard to catch in a short distance. ALso the ecus are not locked so tunes should be affordable.
It's going to be a monster, no doubt. Trying to prepare for that possibility. Lol

After riding a winder since 17 I finally ordered a tune today. Got beat by a boost last year and didn’t want the new doo to get the best of me too

After riding a winder since 17 I finally ordered a tune today. Got beat by a boost last year and didn’t want the new doo to get the best of me too
Lol....I got mine done last year,for several reasons. One of which is these pesky 2s turbos. Half the battle is traction. Never let them lure you into the loose soft powder. They like that $***

Check any an all hose clamps. I had trouble with mine even tuned it wasn’t performing well. Had thunder go though my clutches, machine faces and balance and whatever else and did hose clamps. Had to add 10grams to each weight because I was over reving so much.

Lol....I got mine done last year,for several reasons. One of which is these pesky 2s turbos. Half the battle is traction. Never let them lure you into the loose soft powder. They like that $***
No way. I didn’t buy a field sled. Lakes or hard pack at a minimum. I had a boost assault line up next to me on a weenie roast day and that’s the last I saw him. He launched with me and hung by bumper for 40-60’ then I left him. They transfer and launch great, an givin it rained all week so was a soft lake and wet slushy spots.

No way. I didn’t buy a field sled. Lakes or hard pack at a minimum. I had a boost assault line up next to me on a weenie roast day and that’s the last I saw him. He launched with me and hung by bumper for 40-60’ then I left him. They transfer and launch great, an givin it rained all week so was a soft lake and wet slushy spots.
I never said I got beat by one, Just didnt wanna find out the hard way

Check any an all hose clamps. I had trouble with mine even tuned it wasn’t performing well. Had thunder go though my clutches, machine faces and balance and whatever else and did hose clamps. Had to add 10grams to each weight because I was over reving so much.
I tightened all clamps and checked everything when it was new but didn’t check for boost leaks. I didn’t give him any excuses because on that day his sled was faster, whether it’s my fault or not. I have a 23 SRX all stock except I switched to a 1.5 rip saw with 144 studs using a xs belt with 2200 miles on it. I weigh 100 lbs more than the boost rider and I never changed anything with the clutching like I should have. It was also 40* that day on a trail with 4-6” mash potatoes on top. I would pull him mid range and he would reel me in and go by on top end. On good hard pack I think I would have gotten him, but like I said, on that day in those conditions he had the faster sled.

Back