• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Expanding MPS (mechanical power steering) to Rx-1, & Pre EPS Apex, Vector, Venture

Ok....Kits are up on the website for ordering. To keep costs down I was able to utilize the stock tie rod ends and opted to supply good used tie rods(as inventory lasts). Retail will be $250 for the deltabox kit. Settled on SS MPS arms, as the 6061 aluminum arms were stress cracking for me when I formed them. The stock spindle arm has fine cast lines on the edge. These will need to hand filed for the linkage arm to fit. Aside from the filing, the installation concept is the same as the procross kit. I will get installation instructions updated as soon as I can.

Here is the direct link to order in the store.

https://www.barnofparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/7901150
View attachment 142871
SOLD....!! Looking forward to installing and testing it out!!

How do you get the toe in set right with that bend in there ? It looks like you would have to go one full turn at a time.

Ken.....

How do you get the toe in set right with that bend in there ? It looks like you would have to go one full turn at a time.

Ken.....

If full turns don't get you close enough you can always unbolt outside end from spindle and give it a full turn which is essentially 1/2 a rotation of tie rod since the inner is not being adjusted.

I guess that the farther out from the original hole it will move the tip of the ski less so it wouldn't be so much with one full turn at a time.

Ken.......

I just found this thread, I asked a question about this kit on the RX board

Has anyone used this? Any feedback? I would like to buy a set but would like to know what others think. This would go on my 03 RX1

thanks

I just found this thread, I asked a question about this kit on the RX board

Has anyone used this? Any feedback? I would like to buy a set but would like to know what others think. This would go on my 03 RX1

thanks
Out on the trails now..!! My 03 Handles better than ever..!! Install was a breeze..! Well worth the price being able to steer my sled.

I am glad to hear that! I went ahead and ordered it yesterday morning. But I have not heard anything back on the status of the order. The money has not been taken out of my paypal account so I am hoping he got the order ok. I emailed him, no reply yet.

How long did it take you to get yours?

Thanks

I am glad to hear that! I went ahead and ordered it yesterday morning. But I have not heard anything back on the status of the order. The money has not been taken out of my paypal account so I am hoping he got the order ok. I emailed him, no reply yet.

How long did it take you to get yours?

Thanks

Order came through. Just boxed it up. Shipping today.

I actually ended up using the middle setting. Some of the trails are so tight that I ended up turning the bars all the way to make the corner. The middle setting is a nice compromise between steering effort and actually turning. I also tried the stock skis with a shaper bar on one side and a Woody's Dooley on the other, but I didn't care for it. Once I put my Simmons Flexi Skis back it worked way better. The steering was easier and the sled turned better to. This is a great product. Some people with shorter track sleds may run the easiest setting and turn just as sharp as I do on the middle setting.

thanks again for your replies! As I said in my thread on this I got my kit in short order and hope to get it on t his coming weekend at our cabin. I have the short track.

Back