• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fast m-20 not moving/binding

recieved both shocks today and to my surprise the front shock is no longer an assault air shock. The airbag was removed and a large soft rubber bump stop was in place. I would like to hear anyones input on this change in calibration. The shock is the same unit with the airbag removed and I assume different valving. Looking forward to the replies. ;)!

for some reason i cannot upload pictures. I would happy to email the pictures to anyone interested. send me a pm with your email address or email me at tdrew@alpine-env.net
no reply yet from Fast with the change.

The top of the new M-10 shock has the same stopper. Not sure if it is the same compression rate. I sent you a couple of pics via email ;)!

yamahatd said:
for some reason i cannot upload pictures. I would happy to email the pictures to anyone interested. send me a pm with your email address or email me at tdrew@alpine-env.net
no reply yet from Fast with the change.

Here are those pictures.

Attachments

• pics 480(2).jpg
    pics 480(2).jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 56
  • pics 643(2).jpg
    pics 643(2).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 64
thanks for posting the pictures and I have not re-installed the skid yet. I picked up a fitting to bypass the air lines to the compressor in the event of a failure. The fitting replaces the one the exits the tunnel and allows the rear airbag to be inflated by hand. I never liked the idea of the skid being disabled if an airline lets go. I plan to carry the fitting with me and only swap it if needed. ;)!

i will be very interested on how it works. because my front air shock is temperture sensitive. is the first part of the shock hard to push down to the rubber stop.

The valving seems to be a falling rate,typical of Team Fast products. Once the limiter was tightened up the shock was compressed right up to the stopper. I hope to have it re-installed soon and see how it works in the sled. I will keep the post updated. ;)!

The skid in installed and seems to be a huge improvement over how it was before. I can now get some travel with 65psi in the rear, which i could not before. When the air is let out the sled falls to the floor as explained by others here. The new front shock has opened up some and is not sitting right on the stopper as it was when it was out of the sled. As always I have high hopes and can't wait to RIP it down some rough trails and finally see what the M-20 can do. :jump:

Brian at Team Fast said it was just a different approach, no other reason. He didn't say weather there was problems with the front assault shock, mine leaked down constantly. I am glad I don't need to monitor it anymore. ;)!

Back