• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fast m-20 not moving/binding

mine does not stick at all. with 40 psi it comes up just about all the way when i push it down. but i run with about 62 psi. just remember in the garage the suspesion does not slide good on the track clips with out lube on them.

I am having problems uploading some pictures of my sled. The sled is in the garage and I plan to relocate the bracket back to it's original position. I will keep trying to upload some pictures. ;)!

My 136" M-20 has 2 mounting holes and it seems the 121" only has 1 from what i can see from various sources. Anyone else have a 136" with only 1 bracket mounting hole?

no luck with the pictures. not sure what i am doing wrong. I am following the instructions. :o|

It seems that moving the bracket has not improved the motion of the skid, it still seems to have a pogo stick like action. I shot a video that I plan to send to Fast for thier input. I wish I could upload it here but cant even upload photos.The sled needs to have the exhaust doughnuts replaced and my dealer is VERY interested in taking a look at the M-20. I may just send it in to see what they can find......very frustrating. :die I had high hopes for this skid......very disapointed!!!! I will as always keep this post updated. :o|

did you try to remove the rear shock and then see if it still sticking. it is easy to remove maybe it is the rear shock.worth a try end of season. how many miles on that skid.

Without air, the skid will fully compress. It takes most of my 210lbs to get it to go. Thanks for the suggestion of removing the shock. The skid has about 1200 miles on it. :dunno:

yamahatd said:
Without air, the skid will fully compress. It takes most of my 210lbs to get it to go. Thanks for the suggestion of removing the shock. The skid has about 1200 miles on it. :dunno:

So if that's the case, how are you establishing how much air pressure to run?

Are you basing that on your sag dimension (3-4", maybe a little more for cruisers) or something somebody is telling you "worked for them"?

take out the rear shock an give it a try. it mite be the rear shock causing the problem. the other owner might have cause the damage and did not tell you. it should only take 15 or 20 minutes to take it out.

My rear bracket is now located in the front of the rear window where the shock and airbag is mounted. Is this correct? Just checking, I definitley have 2 mounting holes, which apparently is not supposed to be there according to Brian at Team Fast. If I mount the bracket in the front hole the rear mount is at the front of the window and vise versa if mounted in the rear. Not sure how much of a difference this would make. I look forward to everyones input. :Rockon:

does your skid look like this

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 78
pex, I have a 136" skid so its a little longer. I noticed the rear of the bracket is located in the rear of back window. Mine is in the front. I also have 2 front mounting holes. Cant figure out why, the holes do not look to be added by the previous owner and appear to be factory. :o| I wish there was some snow here to test the effects of relocating the bracket.

I cannot seem to upload pics, I will try agian today when i get into the office where all my pictures are stored. Thank you for the pictue :Rockon:

after a LONG conversation with Brian @ Team Fast, we narrowed it down to the shock. Brian asked a number of questions and all answers pointed to the shock not working properly I plan to remove it and send it to Fast for a re-build/re-valve.

I also confirmed that the rear bracket mounting location is biased to the rear of the window. My USED skid was shipped with the bracket biased to the front. Brian is absolutely certain that NO skid is manufactured with 2 mounting locations. Maybe mine was modified by the previous owner ;):D I hope this is the solution to my frustrating experience with the USED m-20. It may take awhile before I can update this post, but once The shock is back in the skid I will reply. Thank you to all that replied, your input is appreciated and helped me narrow this down. :rocks:

pulled the skid out and sent the front and rear helper shock to team fast for a rebuild/re-valve. Brian from team fast informed me that the rear helper shock had the piston installed upside down and the previous owner must have had it apart and f'd it up. Brian is rebuilding both shocks to 2012 M-20 specs and sending them back. I am not sure of the costs yet but I hope this is the solution I have been waiting for. I will keep this post updated once the shocks are back and the skid is reinstalled :Rockon:

Back