• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First ride impressions LTX LE!

Let these winders break in before you start slowing them down and remember "fast skidoo's" exist only on line!!! Lol

I guess I missed were krm said the Doo only won in short drag. Sounds like it beat the Sidewinder period. Maybe I missed something. I know the Yamaha needs to break in and we can mod them with eas but if the Doo is beating the Sidewinder on top end stock for stock well that's pretty impressive for the Doo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love these first reports, and everyone freaks out. So many factors go into these head to head compares. I would not take these first rides/races to seriously. Lets see where things are in March .
Not taking ANYTHING away from anyone that reports first rides, they are fun reading

I guess I missed were krm said the Doo only won in short drag. Sounds like it beat the Sidewinder period. Maybe I missed something. I know the Yamaha needs to break in and we can mod them with eas but if the Doo is beating the Sidewinder on top end stock for stock well that's pretty impressive for the Doo!

He's referring to a lot of posts on dootalk. He's pretty active over there as well. He didn't post his full review here where he said it was 3+ ft of snow when he rode and neither sled would break 102 in the conditions. On the other site they keep finding videos of mach zs and other older 2 strokes beating the new thundercat and sidewinder in drags 600 ft or less. You can go read all 160 pages of it if you want. It's quite entertaining.

when i ran my sw against my g4 it was packed surface and we went like 1 mile .better clutching and more transfer will help .not worried ,i'm only planning to ride the sw in maine but need to get it set up .i've been a yamaha guy forever ,but do have other brands ,and i'm in the sled ,pwc and boat business .not bias as others seem to be .

OSP has adjustable weights coming...so far ...my guess is it needs a stiffer secondary spring...

also...I'll be trying a set of heelclicker 2 speeds and a much more agressive drive spring..

Im fairly certain broken in with good clutching and good traction the sw will slay the 850 in a 1/2 mile run...until the 850 goes "Pop"

Reactions: krm
It would be good to get details such as conditions and length of run. Myself, I could care less about performance in less than 1000 ft. Not that I don't think the doo is fast, but I don't think it's going to be beat a sidewinder on top end. Thanks for the reports. I'm trail riding and the head to head i will do is on a lake or possibly an open field.

Well fellas, I just got back from another quick rip. We got some warm weather today and the snow was set up hard in the field. I was able to get good traction for the first time. Guys, this thing fly's!! I can't believe how hard it pulls. It makes you say HOLLY SH#%#&^T wether you want to or not. I have ridden some fast sleds (turbo cat with 250 tune) and I can tell you this baby pulls. It was hard to tell before as I was on a field with 20" but on a packed trail however the snow was still loose. Man, this is going to be a fun winter!!

Well fellas, I just got back from another quick rip. We got some warm weather today and the snow was set up hard in the field. I was able to get good traction for the first time. Guys, this thing fly's!! I can't believe how hard it pulls. It makes you say HOLLY SH#%#&^T wether you want to or not. I have ridden some fast sleds (turbo cat with 250 tune) and I can tell you this baby pulls. It was hard to tell before as I was on a field with 20" but on a packed trail however the snow was still loose. Man, this is going to be a fun winter!!
Yup what RX Buck said

Just curious what makes a 205 hp motor seem so strong? I'm so excited to ride this sled and if in stock form it has similar power to my 230 hp cat then man this will be one awesome sled! Great to hear the good early results!

This is my first turbo sled so I can't really compare, buddy has the LTX and also he has a turboed viper (really really fast, dialled in excellant he knows his #*$&@) and he's impresed, not very easy to impress by the way. The way I can explain it is the power is there instantanially and acellarates so fast and smooth with a lot of grunt all mixed together, but if you do hammer it it'll spin the track to no end if there's little traction (but not all at once) so basically you can keep on it until your heart desires or until you can't hang on anymore! And the suspension just works so well. It just feels so darn good! All around perfect sled.
Imo of course

Does K&N make a replacement?
No. Just toss it and either wrap a frogskin around cage or run nothing in the box at all. The intakes have Frogskin on them anyway. If it were me that whole box would be eliminated. Runs and sounds way better with cover and filter off. Maybe I am missing something but that was a really dumb design and then they oiled the filter too! I think Cat did that to sabatoge us Yamaha guys!

Back