• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First ride impressions LTX LE!

RX Buck

Lifetime Member
Website
mobilepredictive.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder LTX
Got a chance to ride the ltx this past weekend. We got around 20" of snow! First off I love the riding position as it seems to fit me well, very comfortable. The engine is very quit no doubt but maybe too quit. We will see, I may like that on the trails. I came from a Polaris rush 800 proR. The winder rides very well and seems to be very planted as I imagine it will handle very flat on the trails but is not the easiest to throw around in the powder. I however did not expect it to be as nimble as my rush. Now about the power, it pulls like a diesel freight train! Now granted, I was in a field with 20" of fresh spinning a 1.6 ice cobra and it just kept on pulling. I saw over 90mph of track speed and it was still climbing extremely fast before the end of the field. I went home and grabbed the rush to see what it was like in the same conditions. All I can say is the 800 I used to think was OK on power felt like a turd in those conditions. We are in for a very fun winter boys!! I would like more transfer however. Has anyone taken out the transfer blocks yet?

Buck

Got a chance to ride the ltx this past weekend. We got around 20" of snow! First off I love the riding position as it seems to fit me well, very comfortable. The engine is very quit no doubt but maybe too quit. We will see, I may like that on the trails. I came from a Polaris rush 800 proR. The winder rides very well and seems to be very planted as I imagine it will handle very flat on the trails but is not the easiest to throw around in the powder. I however did not expect it to be as nimble as my rush. Now about the power, it pulls like a diesel freight train! Now granted, I was in a field with 20" of fresh spinning a 1.6 ice cobra and it just kept on pulling. I saw over 90mph of track speed and it was still climbing extremely fast before the end of the field. I went home and grabbed the rush to see what it was like in the same conditions. All I can say is the 800 I used to think was OK on power felt like a turd in those conditions. We are in for a very fun winter boys!! I would like more transfer however. Has anyone taken out the transfer blocks yet?

Buck

Rode most of the yr last season with blocks out. The 137 skid doesn't transfer real well for my liking so I took the blocks out for more fun on the trail. If the trails got rough I just put them back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i put 70 miles on my ltx le yesterday .it needs more aggressive clutching .fun sled but was out run by my new g4 doo .it does get good fuel mileage though .and the suspension is nice also . whos got the good stuff now to get this thing going .just clutching goods .

i put 70 miles on my ltx le yesterday .it needs more aggressive clutching .fun sled but was out run by my new g4 doo .it does get good fuel mileage though .and the suspension is nice also . whos got the good stuff now to get this thing going .just clutching goods .

You mean the doo beat the sidewinder?

Ditch the stock weights, great for top end but no good down low, you will notice most vendors are seeing 10-20hp increases down low on a track dyno with any weights other than stock

Ditch the stock weights, great for top end but no good down low, you will notice most vendors are seeing 10-20hp increases down low on a track dyno with any weights other than stock
that's more like it .the power is there ,the ramp isn't aggressive enough .what's a good ramp /spring combo .the driven seems close but could use alittle more spring pressure than the stk .setting .

Ya, the cobra does feel good in the powder for traction, I like it. I am excited to get this one on a groomed trail. I do feel like the tuner skis will push in any loose snow though. I do have C&A skis with slimjim doolys ready to go on just in case I don't like them.

Well if stock for stock the Sidewinder is losing all the way around to a 850 Skidoo then to me the Sidewinder is a disappointment and the 850 is an absolute rocket ship! Looks like I will have to mod the Sidewinder after all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back