• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Comparisons - TD-Hurricane-EVO other

There’s a few sleds in our group with different tunes. The Hurricane sleds are always out in front, Evo stage 3 is comparable to TD Eco. TD Eco doesn’t stand a chance to Hurricane 240R.
This year tunes have been updated, TD Max spool 17 and Hurricane 270R. Evo is now On Precision EFI and I have to say, their features are awesome.
Will report when there’s some snow to test, right now Hurricane has the edge. All 3 sleds are within cents at the pump.

1-240R, Ulmer stage 2 clutching, Hyperflow 3inch
2-TD Eco, TD clutching, TD loud exhaust (vibrant) Cat
3-Evo stage 3, Ulmer stage 1 clutching, 2.5 Sandale

All sleds are studded and 137’s.

Eco really isn't our high performance map at all. Good map ultra safe good mileage just not a hot rod map. Powertrail and max 17 max spool 17 then we are taking...

Doesn't matter what the rating is... Compare the boost level on each and report back. Bet eco has the lower boost of all.

Eco really isn't our high performance map at all. Good map ultra safe good mileage just not a hot rod map. Powertrail and max 17 max spool 17 then we are taking...

Doesn't matter what the rating is... Compare the boost level on each and report back. Bet eco has the lower boost of all.
That makes sense, sled runs good just doesn’t feel like 250hp when the 240 tune walks away from it. He has since upgraded to your max 17 so that will be much better I am sure. Wish he didn’t, been fun to bug him lol

Cheap money ?
This stuff is expensive if you are a regular Joe. !!
Compared to a viper with the MPI kit it's crazy cheap for the HP levels we are achieving on an all stock machine. People had well over 20k USD in their vipers and were still only at 220-240 hp. Now with a $400 tune and some weights you can get 250-260 out of it.

Compared to a viper with the MPI kit it's crazy cheap for the HP levels we are achieving on an all stock machine. People had well over 20k USD in their vipers and were still only at 220-240 hp. Now with a $400 tune and some weights you can get 250-260 out of it.
Yep the price per hp was crazy on my turbo viper comparing to the sw

Cheap money ?
This stuff is expensive if you are a regular Joe. !!

As others have stated replying to my cheap money for big hp.

Just meant that with the 4 stroke turbo sled when compared to any other sled whether 2 or 4 stroke.

I had $2500 in my srx for a claimed 25 extra hp, and that was tearing motor apart to achieve that.

I could go on and on, but will just say again, with a 4 stroke with turbo ECU controlled , just a flash can get you around 50!!!

Last edited:
With the linq gas can on the back full, if you are accelerating out of a corner with weight transfer to the track u get a hard bottoming ,If u hit any sort of bumps . I would recommend putting stiffer springs on if u are heavier than 200lbs & fast trail rider .If u are off or part throttle there isn't a problem .

Last edited:
And if you look back at the two strokes days, way cheaper and more reliable hp gains without tearing down the engine for porting and such.
If u can do it yourself it's free .... lol

Ya but not that much HP and tight power band, turbo wide power band easier to clutch.

I had a Viper and pulled the plug on putting turbo setup. Purchased a sidewinder and started out of the box with more HP, I did the math it was way cheaper.
You are way ahead of me Pan! I was 5000$ into viper to turbo++++ all add ons!

Not to mention with the MPI kit you didn't have knock protection and the quality of the kit was garbage. I had to remake a bracket because it broke and MPI wouldn't warrantee it. Also the muffler mount cracked and I had to weld it back up. Sled was only run on smooth Michigan trails. They claimed I must have beat the snot out of it. And don't get me started on that stupid gems controller that was rich one day and lean the next. Crazy how far we have come in just a few years.

Not to mention with the MPI kit you didn't have knock protection and the quality of the kit was garbage. I had to remake a bracket because it broke and MPI wouldn't warrantee it. Also the muffler mount cracked and I had to weld it back up. Sled was only run on smooth Michigan trails. They claimed I must have beat the snot out of it. And don't get me started on that stupid gems controller that was rich one day and lean the next. Crazy how far we have come in just a few years.
I hate to say it but I completely agree. The mpi viper was so unreliable compared to the factory turbo. Back then we thought it was the best until the wonder came out.

Back