• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Comparisons - TD-Hurricane-EVO other

View attachment 142271I have the Linq gas can , but not for my self , for others .
My son has a Arctic Cat race sled that is always running out , and even had to help out a Viper in
my group that ran out before we got home.
Mileage is ok , for me on my trails .
Do you notice it in the corners when it’s full?

I can't believe there is not an"economy" mode switch or a tuner that makes one.
My Yamaha FJ-09 sort of has one. It has economy mode, sport mode & tighten your knees to hold on to the gas tank mode.
It wouldn't need to be low on hp either. Lower hp would make the clutching incorrect which can be very inefficient & burning just as much gas.
It could be just sluggish with a redline to make you drive slower when you know you need MPG.

Any tuners listening? Big seller here.

And I have no issues on my Stock winder with gas mileage....very good.

I’m planning on Flashing it with a Hurricane SM Flash Jukebox, and Flash to Pass Handlebar Button, to change tunes at will. If it gets the same gas mileage as stock I’ll be more than happy. If it gets better mileage I’ll be more than thrilled!!

My Yamaha FJ-09 sort of has one. It has economy mode, sport mode & tighten your knees to hold on to the gas tank mode.
It wouldn't need to be low on hp either. Lower hp would make the clutching incorrect which can be very inefficient & burning just as much gas.
It could be just sluggish with a redline to make you drive slower when you know you need MPG.

Precision EFI has an economy tune in their flash bundle. Same hp as stock.

Fj 09 owner also, Love that feature!

Everyone has that its called a thumb

Sleds with tunes are all better MPG then stock.

Yes, but i mean serious mpg.
Maybe lean it out safely & limit rpm's & jerky injections.
We'll call it WD-20.

W=Wussy (can't use the P word so not to offend the......Wusssies)
D=Driving
20= 20mpg

This would be more of an emergency mode

Yep, I have to agree. Do not want a sled that get’s only 10 mpg no matter what.

And many on this site are getting much better then 10, but there are a few that do not.

I was one of those for the first 1100 miles or so. Loved the sled but not the mileage. It was easy for me to get less then 10 when really riding hard. And I vowed not to tune it until it attained the 15 average that the dealer claimed most of the Winders were getting, tuned or stock.

I got lucky, dealer fixed my mileage and I have tried 3 tunes so far since. The TD SM Max Spool 16 is very powerful and I can still get 15 mpg on the big wide trails at 60-90 mph. Some get better and I am still playing with clutches this coming season to improve on both, speed and mileage... Mine stock or tuned seemed the same mileage wise.

What did your dealer do to correct your fuel mileage?

It is hard to believe that they can be that far apart. Going from a guy like me that no matter how easy or hard I ride it I get around 10 mpg to guys getting 15mpg. If I were to get 12 after my tune that would be a 20% gain and that in itself would be amazing. I have read about guys with the old 1100t going from 10 to 15 after a flash so I suppose anything is possible.

Back