• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Comparisons - TD-Hurricane-EVO other

What did your dealer do to correct your fuel mileage?

Replaced the fuel regulator, rail and all I was told, and also checked my clutch offset, but I did not notice any different shims on secondary so must of been OK.

TD tunes spool quicker however Hurricanes seem to have more big end power. Running on "same HP" tune, I will jump out on my dads Hurricane Tuned sled till about 80-90 MPH then he will slowly go by me. Both sleds are LTX-SE, same amount of studs and same track, both have similar clutching setups as well. Keep in mind, i weigh about 30 lbs less than him.

We'll have another sled in our group with Precision Tunes this winter, can't wait to run against them! :4STroke:

Ok u guys better get your story straight here .... one says hurricane is the best , then now someone says TD is the best , it's a lot of money to put out for buying second best lol

Lol, I think they’re all pretty good. I like how hard the Hurricane tunes hit and also like the long pull testing TD does. P EFI will be interesting to see how they compare.

Well one thing for sure, cheap money for big hp no matter who you go with!
Cannot beat the simple Stock Muffler tune for big gains and cheap money. And my TD tune allows your pod to read boost, and has a knock light for engine protection.
Pretty sure Hurricane does the same and have not heard much from other Vendors!!

Cannot beat the simple Stock Muffler tune for big gains and cheap money. And my TD tune allows your pod to read boost, and has a knock light for engine protection.
Pretty sure Hurricane does the same and have not heard much from other Vendors!!
I’m pretty sure P EFI was the first with the dash flash, then the others followed.

TD tunes spool quicker however Hurricanes seem to have more big end power. Running on "same HP" tune, I will jump out on my dads Hurricane Tuned sled till about 80-90 MPH then he will slowly go by me. Both sleds are LTX-SE, same amount of studs and same track, both have similar clutching setups as well. Keep in mind, i weigh about 30 lbs less than him.

We'll have another sled in our group with Precision Tunes this winter, can't wait to run against them! :4STroke:

I would have thought is was the other way around.

Lots of factors play out on tunes. Sled set up, clutching, rider weight. So for a guy to say that one is better then the other I think is pure bull #*$&@. But that’s my opinion. They all really work well from what I have tested and it really comes down to customer service and support on what tune one prefers over another. Take it for what it is.

With this much power it's more up to clutch set up & traction than anything else . 4-5 hp one way or the other isn't really a factor. But the only real way to test tunes is to send a sled to a place like dynotech with multi tune flashers from each manufacturer . And rate each tune on boost pressures on each .

Cheap money ?
This stuff is expensive if you are a regular Joe. !!

Last edited:
I would have thought is was the other way around.

I would have as well but after a weekend full of trail riding and racing Every chance we could, those were the results..
Both sleds run very strong, won’t be disappointed either way.

You really can't go wrong with any of the top tuners.

The fast guys spend hours on chassis setup, clutching, gearing etc... It's tough to compare one tune against the other unless the setups are 100% identical.

TD and Hurricane both win a lot of races/speed runs. I personally went with TD because of Bens countless hours of field testing and long pulls. I haven't looked back and am very happy with my experiences with Ben and his team.

Lots of factors play out on tunes. Sled set up, clutching, rider weight. So for a guy to say that one is better then the other I think is pure bull #*$&@. But that’s my opinion. They all really work well from what I have tested and it really comes down to customer service and support on what tune one prefers over another. Take it for what it is.
I totally agree with you,I was at Toronto show today and gave all three vendors the chance. I purchased from Hurricane because I felt they were well organized and customer service was excellent.

Back