• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Update Coming Fall-2016

I have been very happy with the flash update on my horrible starting 2014. Since the flash, no kickbacks and it started in temps down to -15. I have done it on both my 14 and 15. Strangely they seem to start more often on the first crank when colder than warmer temps but like most commenting here they now may take two cranks to get it fired up.
I opted for the new flash even though I've had zero issues. I'll post back when I find out if my good starting machine stays that way after flash.

Got my 15 XTX back. Was about - 20c last night unloading the sled. Let the fuel pump cycle, cracked a little longer than usual but fired and ran first time. Seems to idle slightly better also. Less hunting.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Checked with my dealer and they called Yamaha and they have the new updated flash for speed. But the person from Yamaha told them on the phone there was no real problem with the speed lol
Now I wonder if I should get it done on my 2016 stx dx 146?
I had no problem's with the machine in 8000km . so am I just asking for problem by doing it?

Unfortunately anyone who reads this sight has to have reservations about anything yamaha says lately. Too many different stories and a general denial of real issues people have experienced.

Had mine done last week and took it out for the first time today since the update and it runs fine and the speedometer seem to be correct.

Had my 14 Viper flashed yesterday, Jan. 13. This morning -17 C started with couple seconds of cranking and warmed up fine. Doing trail work with a lot of warm starts, let system cycle then crank. Many starts and it would only start on second try with as much or more cranking than the cold start. Tried a bit of throttle, didn't help. Finally tried going right to crank, no cycle sometimes starts right up and some times takes couple seconds of cranking, but does start on first try.
Speedo and gps are within 1 kph, very good. Odometer and gps are very close, usually within 0.1 km depending on slippage.

Has anybody else seen any performance gains with the updated flash? I thought I read someplace somebody saw an increase in RPM redline somewhere around 9350 and also seemed to have a snappier response.

I have a 2014 LTX SE and have never experienced a starting issue and it starts awesome every time regardless of temp from -25 F to +40 F. I'll be up by my dealer for a little over a week and debating to do or not to do.

I just had mine done and it works fine cold start needed one try one time and 2 another and hot was faster then before idles slightly better i think and a little higher as far as i could tell sped was good ill try more the weekend with gps.

ha anyone installed hotter plugs ? since this motor seems so rich with this flash

Interesting, my sled is quite a bit leaner through the whole rpm range. I'm seeing it on my wide band o2 and noticeably better fuel mileage.

I had my 7000 flashed, it starts easy, one or two attempts, doesn't seem to be a specific pattern. I didn't have a chance to try it out in temps below 10 F, Vermont had a warm winter. My speedo was 9mph off. Cat sent me a flyer saying to bring it back in if the speedo was off. They reflashed it again, that fixed the speedometer issue. I love this sled, I hope this flash fixes the starter kick back. I did clean and polish all battery terminals and wires in the starting system and covered them with di-electric grease. I don't know I feel that will help with anything but it gives me peace of mind.

Back