• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Frustrated with Yamaha

picasso

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper R-TX DX
Oh boy. I’m so frustrated with Yamaha.
Here is the situation:
I have 2 2015 Vipers, both need an idle air control valve. They are not functioning properly according to the dealer that tested them. both sleds won’t stay running when cold without a little bit of throttle. Once warm, all is well.
before anyone gives me other possible causes, I watched them test the IAC. It failed on both sleds. In fact one got so hot, in 15 seconds it burned the tech.

so...... in order to get the IAC valve, I would have to purchase a complete throttle body at around $800 plus labor to calibrate it. On each sled. I tried calling Yamaha customer care. They basically won’t help me try and find the part from the supplier or tell me who the supplier is. I asked to speake to someone that can make decisions, or higher up. Was told I was talking to that person.

Any ideas?

Here is the situation:
I have 2 2015 Vipers, both need an idle air control valve. They are not functioning properly according to the dealer that tested them. both sleds won’t stay running when cold without a little bit of throttle. Once warm, all is well.
before anyone gives me other possible causes, I watched them test the IAC. It failed on both sleds. In fact one got so hot, in 15 seconds it burned the tech.

so...... in order to get the IAC valve, I would have to purchase a complete throttle body at around $800 plus labor to calibrate it. On each sled. I tried calling Yamaha customer care. They basically won’t help me try and find the part from the supplier or tell me who the supplier is. I asked to speake to someone that can make decisions, or higher up. Was told I was talking to that person.
WE all know who there suppler likely is..... over the pond someplace. Sorry to hear such a expensive fix when it should cost very little in reality .Dont let up on Yamaha doing SOMTHING for you.
Any ideas?

Sorry to hear that your in this predicament, usually your dealer would have a Rep, this would be the person that would approve some sort of help with your sleds, your dealer should be on the horn to him getting you some info, these sleds can be hard to source parts where everything seems to be on back order, Cat DNA could possibly be the culprit, Cat maybe another place to source parts also.

Here is the situation:

Any ideas?

Sell’em
Send Yamaha a message!

I would be willing to bet it’s the same valve

BTW there is no calibration on the valve, bolt it on and go.
Don’t let your dealer BS you into thinking it needs calibration.

Good to know. This is the part. I was hoping for new. But this might be my only option

Attachments

• B5D279C0-B39C-4315-B1B8-048A1C3F6930.png
    B5D279C0-B39C-4315-B1B8-048A1C3F6930.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 318
Yep it will work.
Well I’m 99 percent sure it will

Last edited:
28ED3548-6E61-402E-A907-7BB41ACD5F9E.png B9C18152-D904-4097-B0F7-4B87A9BD7062.png

The Viper IAC won’t directly cross over but the they quit listing the IAC valves separately in 2009. You will see the that the 2008 nytro and 2010 nytro use the same exact complete throttle body part number. 2008 and 2010 IAC are therefore the same.

8GL-13713-00-00

This is the yamaha part number for the IAC valve

View attachment 152183 View attachment 152184

The Viper IAC won’t directly cross over but the they quit listing the IAC valves separately in 2009. You will see the that the 2008 nytro and 2010 nytro use the same exact complete throttle body part number. 2008 and 2010 IAC are therefore the same.

im not sure, but the 2010 and 2009 throttle bodies are different than my 2015 viper. They have different part numbers

Attachments

• F4C5213E-2561-42B8-B7D3-825867783BE2.png
    F4C5213E-2561-42B8-B7D3-825867783BE2.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 272
Maybe they are the same? Part numbers are really close. This sure would be great if this works! I’ll have to run these tomorrow

im not sure, but the 2010 and 2009 throttle bodies are different than my 2015 viper. They have different part numbers

It’s obvious they didn’t change the part, just stopped offering it as a replacement.
You can get a brand new one for $138.

Maybe BOP has one that you can return if it doesn’t fit.

:dunno:

It will tho

Back