• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Frustrated with Yamaha

Oh, here’s something interesting. So I told that dealer that I wanted my old battery back. The one they said tested bad. The one I just put in new in March of 2019. The grizzly gel battery. I just brought it and had it tested. Here are the results

the battery tested 321 ccc
It is a 320 ccc amp battery

seems to me my old battery was just fine

Yea Pats is the best dealer in the Midwest!

They were gonna basically steal your battery and sell it as a good used unit, don’t go back.

Many dealerships are straight up crooks.

I feel your pain, Piccaso. I don't like to post negative comments about Yamaha, but parts availability for sleds has always been a problem for them. I've complained to corporate about this more than once, and it just seems to fall on deaf ears. Word to the wise ... if you ever need a part in season and the parts dept says they don't have it in stock but can order it in, be sure to make the parts guy (regardless of dealership) confirm that the part you need is available and not on backorder. 9 times out of 10 Yamaha will not have the part in stock. Even more frustrating is that 9 times out of 10 it won't be available until the end, if not after the riding season. I think the reason for the problem is that sleds are a small percentage of Yamaha's business, and just like most other manufacturers, Yamaha's build order with CAT (and its orders for limited quantities of spare parts) get filled in the off season. The riding season is short enough already. So when your sled goes down, you can miss most of the opportunities to get out and use the sled when conditions are right. If that happens often enough, people start thinking about getting rid of their rides, sometimes getting out of the sport altogether, and sometimes jumping ship to another brand with better parts availability. Yamaha should really consider that when people complain about not being able to get the parts they need during the sledding season.

Maybe on the older Yamaha but on the newer Pro Cross, parts are wildly available not only through Yamaha but Cat also. You just need to know what dealer ships to use. Here is a list of dealers I use and have never had any problems getting anything for my Viper. Pats Motor Sports,Power Sports 1,Port Yamaha,and Country Cat.

TPAY, Maybe that's true for procross chassis sleds, as far as CAT parts are concerned. But try getting a Yamaha part and I think you'll find that it's a different story. Just this winter my brother needed a new helix for his Phazer and was told it was on backorder until February. I told him don't bet on it, as I've heard that from dealers before and the parts I needed were never available in the time frame originally promised. My brother took my advice and ended up buying a complete secondary on Ebay for $100 and was back out riding by the weekend. He'd still be waiting for a new helix if he'd placed an order at the stealership.

I here ya, but how far back should a manufacturer have to stock parts for, I hate to say it but the Phazer is almost phased out. On the other hand I have never had problems getting parts for my 07 Phazer or my previous Apex's i have owned.I just ordered a bunch of parts to fix my body's 2006 Vector and didn't have any problems getting them.

Maybe on the older Yamaha but on the newer Pro Cross, parts are wildly available not only through Yamaha but Cat also. You just need to know what dealer ships to use. Here is a list of dealers I use and have never had any problems getting anything for my Viper. Pats Motor Sports,Power Sports 1,Port Yamaha,and Country Cat.

Really?
Then order up a IAC valve for Picasso so we can end this thread!

You can get the IAC valve with out a problem just comes with the throttle bodied attached, what so hard about that. :D

You can get the IAC valve with out a problem just comes with the throttle bodied attached, what so hard about that. :D
$hit if That’s how yer gonna roll, then just buy a whole new sled to get a clutch then! That’s about the same thinking?

I have 1. I think the other extra I had I took apart as a science experiment I was so frustrated lol.

I have been messing around with it tonight. If I take the control valve out. All the way out. It starts right up. Idles a bit high. But starts right up. No throttle needed. I had it hooked up but just sitting out. When I turn the key it buzzed but doesn’t really move. It did get really hot though. I think it is stuck part way retracted. The spring is almost compressed. I’m surprised that it won’t idle. If I install it back in the housing, it will fire but without a little throttle, it just dies.

Back