• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro overheating

I never had an overheat issue to begin with, but looping coolant through the tunnel protectors keeps the ice from bridging across and building up. That's what the factory should have done, it takes care of 3 complaints.

There's many things the factory "should" have done...but they just don't.

Yellowknife said:
Daranello, is it simply the 1 part listed under the MTX micro fische or is there an actual 'kit' that is an all-in-one with a single part number? (do you have it?)

It's one part# same as the US. Comes with everthing you need an well worth it. Part was if I remember $190. I'll see if I can find my bill.

This cooler I would have gotten for the ice issues

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... ght=cooler

popup_image.php

Thanks guys - never seen Yamaha list the same part number for both the U.S. and Canada. Likely the solution i'll implement. Might as well remove the tunnel protectors while everything is out as well. Anyone know if you can still fit the accessory 1.5" lugged track from Yamaha/Camoplast in there with the heat exchanger kit?

Yellowknife said:
Thanks guys - never seen Yamaha list the same part number for both the U.S. and Canada. Likely the solution i'll implement. Might as well remove the tunnel protectors while everything is out as well. Anyone know if you can still fit the accessory 1.5" lugged track from Yamaha/Camoplast in there with the heat exchanger kit?

Why not? The cooler is factory on the MTX sleds.

Wondering because the amount of clearance between the track and the tunnel on the MTX is much higher than the XTX - at least when comparing my 08 MTX to my 09 XTX.

When ice lets go in the tunnel while riding on my MTX, it punches through and clears out. When it lets go on my XTX, it jams the track up solid. Dangerous for sure, doesn't make me very happy when that happens. Huge clearance difference under there.

I've gone over this in my mind for a couple seasons.
IMHO...
Yamaha's mountain rear cooler kit.
Pros, better location to keep snow/ice away up front near the front exchanger. $200 or less.
Cons, only on one side, why?
And build up can still occur further back.

Various Rear exchanger kits. Or home made ones from other sleds.
Pros, cheap and less build up at rear. (keeps the 30lbs of ice off your tail)
Cons, overheating may still occur on front exchanger in powder @ -20.
Extra various hoses and bits required.

In the end if I do anything. I'll call MPI and chat with them more about the full length exchanger kit. It seems to fix all issues. Comes as a kit and some install support. I think that is worth the extra $200+
Cheers

My Nytro overheated for the first time ever this weekend but only because I was towing a 2011 800 Etec behind me going up hill! LOL

overheat'n

first...a partial tunnel block off will stop most of the icing and aid cooling..you need to equalize the differential between the hot muffler and cold tunnel...second...

you might have an air bubble... get the nose in the air and bleed...also dilute the coolant..if its straight it will give the lowest freze protection but far less cooling..

Summitseeker said:
My Nytro overheated for the first time ever this weekend but only because I was towing a 2011 800 Etec behind me going up hill! LOL
Try to keep your speed when pulling the etec up the hill under 80mph as your scaring the S-K rider anyways. LOL

bottlerocket said:
Summitseeker said:
Try to keep your speed when pulling the etec up the hill under 80mph as your scaring the S-K rider anyways. LOL
I think you need to keep it over 80mph because those 800's are fast! :drink:

Back