• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gap closed loop tuning!!

:home:Wasn’t it running the right AFR before the install, Dyno sheet for 270. The leanest was at 12.9 and that was at 5300 rpm and the richest was at 10.8 at 8800. 15.0 no expert but good luck !!!
'light load, cruising'

I agree, but shouldn't get a lean pop though.
If running a straight through open 2.5-3 inch exhaust I would get a bit of light popping when decelerating with regular maps.

Tested the Hurricane tunes 240, 270, 300 and the closed loop system Saturday. Every pull, open and closed exhaust (Have the EVO Captain's choice muffler so I can have wide open at a touch of a switch). AFR's stayed around 11.7-11.9 every wide open pass.

The GAP data logging is nice and need to get an I-pad instead of using an I-phone for a dash...lol

If running a straight through open 2.5-3 inch exhaust I would get a bit of light popping when decelerating with regular maps.

I run TD’s Max Spool 17 290hp tune with a header and 3” exhaust 600 miles and no popping on decel.. I also have an O2 sensor, AEM wideband, aftermarket fuel pump, and fuel pressure regulator. AFR behaves where it should. I would be concerned with popping on decel...

like a back fire sound? If i am ripping hard on the sled, sometimes when i decel to a stop it back fires, but only once. and not every time.

I run TD’s Max Spool 17 290hp tune with a header and 3” exhaust 600 miles and no popping on decel.. I also have an O2 sensor, AEM wideband, aftermarket fuel pump, and fuel pressure regulator. AFR behaves where it should. I would be concerned with popping on decel...
With your TD set up do you get the code on the dash until the sensor warms up?

With your TD set up do you get the code on the dash until the sensor warms up?
If you have the closed loop fueling option you will get the code at startup while sensor warms up, with both TD and Hurricane. If you run the afr module/sensor without the closed loop fueling option you will not have a code.

If you have the closed loop fueling option you will get the code at startup while sensor warms up, with both TD and Hurricane. If you run the afr module/sensor without the closed loop fueling option you will not have a code.
Ok I never get that code everyone talks about. With the closed loop system. Will have to look into it

Ok read it, I have never seen 15 afr . I guess it’s ok with the tune you have. It is new stuff.

Probably have different results with different sleds and different definitions of “cruise” . One sled/person may cruise at 80mph with 1/3 throttle and turning 6500 rpms with hardpack conditions at 5-6 psi of boost . Another sled is 1/2 throttle 80mph with 7300-7400 rpms and 8, 9 or 10 psi. Another guy considers “cruising” at 45mph and is seeing 2-3 psi at 5500 rpm. All 3 sleds have different load/ clutching/ gearing combinations which influence boost and running rpms and overall load on the engine and we get 3 different cruising afr’s. Not too mention that different tunes may have slightly different afr targets as well. Might be hard to compare from sled to sled imo.

Back