• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gap Flasher Location

So that isn't the connector that would plug into the communicator. Looks more like the extension to the O2 sensor or yes the plug for the flash to pass kit

ITs an extension cable and yes your flasher cable plugs into it, not the AFR module.

So the same connectors and wiring is required for the EPS upgrade. Based on that, it would be easy to put the flasher anywhere.

You can use any OBD2 extension cable and route your flasher to your preferred location....ez peasy and cheap ....amazon it ...

Bob, did you happen to try acetone or like product on the actuator cover plate before installing Velcro?

Bob, did you happen to try acetone or like product on the actuator cover plate before installing Velcro?
Yes I did on the initial install of the velcro on the reverse actuator shield and I even heated it slightly with a heat gun to activate the glue. Could have just been a bad batch of velcro...

Yes I did on the initial install of the velcro on the reverse actuator shield and I even heated it slightly with a heat gun to activate the glue. Could have just been a bad batch of velcro...
Who knows?!?! I use that "I lock" grade. Seemingly uses a pretty stringent adhesive.
But I'll do as you, clean it, heat it and stick it....see how it goes.
I'm pretty sure I've seen other posts here in the past where guys are sticking it right to that cover, but never followed up to see how it's going.

Mounting on actuator cover ,hit it with 400 grit ,wipe clean with alcohol and apply velcro...works everytime ....aluminum cover is too smooth to get a good adhesion bite ...

Mounting on actuator cover ,hit it with 400 grit ,wipe clean with alcohol and apply velcro...works everytime ....aluminum cover is too smooth to get a good adhesion bite ...
Thank you that's the route I'll go

Look again .....the flasher is OBD2 the extension cable goes in between the flasher and the GAP conversion cable to CAT diagnostic connector

I am curious how and where everyone is mounting their Gap flashers.
I have been tie strapping mine just in front of the chaincase reverse actuator but last year it migrated too close to the heat from the exhaust and actually melted its casing a bit...fortunately it still works fine but now not so pretty.
I had mine ty-wrapped to the reverse actuator and it come loose and ended up under my header. It melted the casing bad and even part of the circuit board. Still works though lol...

Look again .....the flasher is OBD2 the extension cable goes in between the flasher and the GAP conversion cable to CAT diagnostic connector
2 ways to skin a cat here , never thought of the OBD2 extension cable but yeah you’re right

Back