• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GAP Flasher Tune Jukebox feature, 2017-11-06

If you are not fine tuning it sounds like there will be no need for an extra device right?
upload_2017-11-7_7-48-15.png

Hi Guys

Glad you like it! The following will answer a few questions:

Tune selection can be done in two ways:

-Using any supported Apple or Android mobile devices. It does not need to be fixed to the sled.

-Using an optional button installed on the handlebars

There are two display methods for knowing which tune is in function and get feedback when navigating the JukeBox:

-On the mobile App

-On the original instrument cluster

Of course, at least two tunes are required to have access to the JukeBox. The tune bundles will fill this requirement also.

snowdust "If you are not fine-tuning it sounds like there will be no need for an extra device right?"
The GAP Flasher module connected to the sled is required to use the JukeBox.

Cheers

Great work GAP! This is gonna rock.

Mike, I got the new iPhone X on order and got a mount setup for it(RAM MOUNT w/waterproof case setup). But will keep stock gauge in place too. Should work really nicely.

GAP, if one did not have any "screen" device on sled, and used the button for map switching, would the "live data" be able to be seen on stock gauges somehow? Im guessing no.

Thanks
Dan

this is slick..any way to add boost and afr to the stock gauge ?
And also asked by ROCKERDAN...

Eventually, we will add more items to the stock gauge. We have many ideas and are always listening to user requests and suggestions. Time-wise, we do not foresee this feature being released in the weeks to come. It’s a matter of months.

Keep in mind that the stock gauge capability will never allow achieving the same results as with a mobile App paired to a Bluetooth device like our Flasher. The good news is that the GAP Flasher already has everything needed to flash and interact with the stock gauge. Any future development will become available as an update delivered by the updater software already used by tuners for remap providing.

For keeping an eye on the boost, AFR and many more, the best method is to fix a mobile device on your sled. Connected to the GAP flasher, it's a very powerful combination. Many devices are compatible ( iOS or Android ), with multiple third party installation options available to fix and protect your device. We have developed and tested a complete solution using an iPad Mini 4. Granted, it's not the cheapest option but we are confident it's the best we can provide and know by experience that it's highly addictive. All of this is of course available right now.

Last edited:
So In order for this to work via Bluetooth to a mobile device fixed to the snow machine, the Gap flasher needs to be pluged into the snow machine and left there while riding ? I beilieve in the instructions it says not to leave Gap flasher pluged into vehicle, while riding. Will we need another version of the flasher tool ?

Its true that you need to leave the flash communicator plugged into the sled while riding to access all the features. The instructions read not to leave the flasher plugged in while NOT riding for an extended time period such as a week

I don' think the antilag harness with the flasher installed draws power when key is not in the run position. I say this because when you plug in the flasher it doesnt light the led on the flasher with the key off.

The flasher plugged into the connector down by the chain case definitely is powered so draws power key on or off and lights the led on the flasher momentarily when you plug it in with key off.

So the flasher connected(down near chaincase) will ALWAYS draw on battery? Even when sled key/ignition is off?

I often plug into battery tender if Im not riding for a few days straight, would this make leaving the flasher connected a non issue then?

Dan

So the flasher connected(down near chaincase) will ALWAYS draw on battery? Even when sled key/ignition is off?

I often plug into battery tender if Im not riding for a few days straight, would this make leaving the flasher connected a non issue then?

Dan
Yes it will Dan. I would think the tender would keep it charged.

Great work GAP! This is gonna rock.

Mike, I got the new iPhone X on order and got a mount setup for it(RAM MOUNT w/waterproof case setup). But will keep stock gauge in place too. Should work really nicely.

GAP, if one did not have any "screen" device on sled, and used the button for map switching, would the "live data" be able to be seen on stock gauges somehow? Im guessing no.

Thanks
Dan

I ordered and received my iPhone holder and wireless charger from Amazon and got it this week Dan. Going to put it either up over the stock gauge or on the center of the bars where you run your Garmin at. Not sure which yet.

I have little $ invested as the holder was like $23 and the wireless charger and charge card for iPhone was $25. The wireless charger is supposed to keep the phone warm too!

Back