• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gaylord MI, **updated 1-30-2010**

12-17-08

More snow in Gaylord the last 2 days. Things look about like they did before the rain last sunday. I don't want to paint any kind of pretty picture as far as the grooming in Gaylord but the snow is still certainly here and it looks very good. As Onlyblue stated in his trail report, measurable snow is in the forecast the next few days and should only get better. ;)!

Passed the groomer last night coming down the 27 trail...that was at
12:00am trails flat and pretty smooth. The snow today is going to help out huge with the conditions.

Pretty snowy today looking for a couple 3-6" I would say today at least

Looking like a great snowmobile weekend....have fun guys

Thanks superman I didn't catch that number untill tonight. I will call. I was in NY all week and they have tons of snow. Just showed up here in Waters and the conditions look good and the trails seem pretty flat.

Rode yesterday with Rockmeister and steve 05 RX-1. Conditions are very good. We rode mainly off trail but we did hit small sections of the Jordan Valley, Indian River and Gaylord trail systems. The groomed trails we encountered in these area's were very good to excellent. Unless we get a warm up I probably won't update as much the next 2 weeks just because of the holidays and we have quite a bit of snow and the forecast is for lots more. Now its up to the groomers. I am hearing more and more reports of Groomer sitings and we saw one ourselves yesterday. I'm sure Hell week (x-mas/newyears) is going to be one of the busiest we've had in years. Again I would remind everyone riding in the area to voice any compliments, concerns or complaints to the DNR Gaylord office at 732-3541. ;)!

Thanks for the update Superman. We are heading up to Wolverine Xmas afternoon, we will probably avoid Gaylord because I am sure it is going to be a mess, but I know Indian River and Jordan Valley do a wonderful job! Also heard that Petosky/Chandler Hills are doing a much better job this year. That area was lacking attention in the past IMO. Looking forward to it! Happy trails!! :-o

ndc821 said:
Thanks for the update Superman. We are heading up to Wolverine Xmas afternoon, we will probably avoid Gaylord because I am sure it is going to be a mess, but I know Indian River and Jordan Valley do a wonderful job! Also heard that Petosky/Chandler Hills are doing a much better job this year. That area was lacking attention in the past IMO. Looking forward to it! Happy trails!! :-o

Yep it sure is hard to say but you never know. One good thing is when you get to the trail 7 and 765 intersection which is perry rd. you can always make a determination. Gaylord is supposed to groom up to that point. So if its good there it would probably be good all the way down to Gaylord.

Just got back from the cabin in Waters. The trails in the area where very good ~ passed more groomers then sleds in the last 5 days. Reported last week that it was horrible but what a change from weekend to weekend. From Higgins to Indian River and Mancelona to Lewiston the trails were in great shape. The down side is there calling for a 50% chance of rain on Satuarday the 27th with temps in the low 40's. Happy trails !!

Plenty of snow here, NOAA reports around 23", but forecast for tonight thru tomorrow night is mid-40's and about an 1" of rain. Knew this early start was too good to be true.

Increasingly $hitty. Just got back from my sons basketball practice and it's almost 50 and more rain today. My advice would be to check out the u.p. Before gaylord. We're losing it fast.

Wow, we lost alot! Couldn't really give you an exact measurement but it was alot. We did however get about an inch or 2 this morning. Looks the the groomers laid down the slush so if not too many fools were out there we may have a good base once it freezes up.

12-29

Things are starting to look a little better. We had a 3-4 hour little mini-blizzard this evening. snow total for tonight is kinda hard to measure with all the blowing. From the looks of the trail crossings around town everything looks white and ridable. Sorry I can't confirm this report first hand but I'm seeing a fair amount of sled traffic around town. Snow in the forecast just about every day for the next 10. we'll keep our fingers crossed. good luck all.

p.s. I would think trails around here are very icy. so use caution..

Superman, is that you that i have seen a few times (about 3 weeks ago) up around Dickerson and W. Otsego? Seen a blue Nytro getting on trail there a few times. I was on candy red Warrior.

Scott

Back