• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Getting Worried-Please Help! Motor Will Not Start *Solved*

Motor runs so it is not a stator.

No relay on pump as it is carbed no EFI

take the air cleaner off. Shoot starting fluid into all 3 carbs, quick shot in each, choke the machine, try starting it. I have been doing this for years on my 05 RX1, no issues. I also run my carbs and tank dry.

You could also try pressurizing the tanks by using small shots of compressed air. Undo the fuel vent line on the clutch side and crank, did this yesterday on the RX-1 started within a couple seconds.

kinger said:
Did you use the blowing in the vent tube and pressurizing the fuel system trick? I have to do that every year on Dads Vector.

That's what you need to do. The vent tube is attached to the frame by the left footwell. Detach it, blow into the hose as much as possible and then pinch it off. Then crank the engine over.

kinger said:
Did you use the blowing in the vent tube and pressurizing the fuel system trick? I have to do that every year on Dads Vector.

1 minute to late!! Great minds think alike and at the same time.

Don't use starting fluid. get yourself a spray bottle at a dollar store, fill it with gas then mist fuel into the carb openings. Once it starts on the fuel it normally will pick up the gas in the tank. You may have to keep spraying gas into the carbs to keep it running until it picks up the gas and runs on its own. I'd recommend removing the drive belt while trying to get it started.

grizztracks said:
Don't use starting fluid. get yourself a spray bottle at a dollar store, fill it with gas then mist fuel into the carb openings. Once it starts on the fuel it normally will pick up the gas in the tank. You may have to keep spraying gas into the carbs to keep it running until it picks up the gas and runs on its own. I'd recommend removing the drive belt while trying to get it started.
Do what u want on fuel source, I have used starting fluid for years without any concerns on any four stroke. However I would not remove drivebelt, if you rev it with no load/belt on the primary it may grenade. There are lots of warnings about not doing this for good reasons. ALWAYS leave the belt on while running the engine!
:4STroke: :yam: :rocks:

I will try the vent hose trick tonight and repost either way.

Thanks All.

grizztracks said:
Don't use starting fluid. get yourself a spray bottle at a dollar store, fill it with gas then mist fuel into the carb openings. Once it starts on the fuel it normally will pick up the gas in the tank. You may have to keep spraying gas into the carbs to keep it running until it picks up the gas and runs on its own.
This is what I had to do to my Warrior a few weeks back.

OK, I detached the clear vent hose from the frame, shot air in the hose with a computer cleaner air can and jammed my thumb over the open end. Cranked the machine for over a min. on and off....no go.
Am I doing this procedure correctly?

Back