• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID lighting

snomonut said:
Tork-

Are you running for a political office??? :jump:!

Would a politition ever try to be informative and accurate?
So obviously no, dont have the BSing skills.

snomonut said:
Seriously, thanks for your insights. It's a pretty expensive upgrade, but at this point, I'm considering keeping my Attak for this season and the next....we'll see!

Yeah it is way expensive. Plus are you in Lake County Illinois (if so you are not far from me.) Regardless, you must be doing sledding in Wisconsin and they have a new 55 MPH night time speed limit which makes less chance to over drive the stock headlights anyway

I'll appreciate your vote in this falls elections

:hide:

Yeah it is way expensive. Plus are you in Lake County Illinois (if so you are not far from me.) Regardless, you must be doing sledding in Wisconsin and they have a new 55 MPH night time speed limit which makes less chance to over drive the stock headlights anyway

I'll appreciate your vote in this falls elections

I actually live out closer to DeKalb, IL. I do the vast majority of my "normal" sledding in the U.P. and try to end my day to coincide with lodging, eating, drinking :drink: and NOT having to hop on the sled too much after dark these days anyway. However, for those once a year trips to the remote portions of Ontario or Quebec when you're running behind schedule and rolling in to your hotel at 9:00 PM, they sure would be nice!

I put hid's in my 04 warrior when I first bought it.
I ran it for 2 seasons without ANY problems.
I ride mostly at night, for me it was well worth the investment. I used 5000(white) degree bulbs. They give you the most distance. I tried 12000's (blueish purple) they were more intense closer but didn't shine out as far as the 5000's.
I also have them in my R1 since 02. Never had a problem.
If you want to run fast at night they are a must.

Greetings guardrail,
I'd be interested to hear whose HID kit you've used.

Thanks! :Rockon:

ktmhk53

I bought my kit from www.proxenon.com, but I just checked and it looks like someone bought out their sight or they totally changed their business. They still might sell them, Ididn't look very hard. My kit it a Bohem.
It's a dual light with high and lo beams. The ballast and bulbs look the same as the picture Tork posted. When I bought mine they were $600 and they were hard to find. But now they're half that price and a lot of places have them. The only mod I had to do was to cut and add wire to the harness(the one that came with the lights) because it wasn't long enough to reach to the front of the sled then back across the hood to the light housing.

edmundsfly that is not a HID. That is a blue tinted light bulb. Be careful. Most I have spoken with are disappointed with those type of bulbs.

Ok, I guess I'm in need of a little lesson here. I emailed the guy selling these telling him that I was told by others that it's a tinted blue light and he replied back with the following answer:

"He obviously has NO clue as to what a Xenon light is or maybe he is mistaking them for a HID bulb which are different.

Please visit www.eurodezigns.com to read more :)"

I really must be missing something here because I thought that a Xenon light is a HID light. I just wanted my machine to have the similar type of light that's in my truck. My truck, I was told, is a Xenon light.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?!? Thanks...

HID is diferent from xenon. HID's come with ballasts. You see them on BMW's, Caddy's, higher end cars now days. They give a bluish hue compared to traditional bulbs.

HID lights use a gas arc. There is no element like in a regular bulb. Thats why they take a couple of seconds to reach their full intensity

I see, makes sense... so let me pop the question ;).

Any ideas where I can get a good quality HID blueish color light for my machine as a GOOD / reasonable price?

This site has them;
http://www.hid-sin.com/mc5000k.htm
I would get the 5000 degree kit. I tried the 12000's, they have that purple looking color you see on Audi's. They have a more intense light at closer distances than the 5000's. The 5000's are white light. They shine the furthest.
If your riding tight trails get the 12000's, they look really cool. If your riding lakes and railroad beds get the 5000's, you won't out run your lights at 100mph.
I have the 5000's in my 02 R1. I never had a problem with them.
Also, you really don't need to get the bi-xenon. I never use the high beam. It doesn't make that much of a difference. You will have to adjust your headlight down a little.

If you want the blue thing as a styling statement, I understand.

But actually a whiter even yellowish light is far more effective in snowy and or foggy conditions

Back