• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How about a positive " I love my Sidewinder thread".

3 SW and one Viper. Ridden Vmax4, SRX 700, RX-1, 2011 Apex and my 18 LTX LE. SW by far my favorite. Although each of those sleds were beasts in their own right. - Notice even the guy in the Polaris jacket gave 2 thumbs up (he was on the Viper because of the jacket...)
3 SW.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Pine, South of Munising.

Mine treated me very well. 2,330 miles for the season and zero issues. TP primary spring shims, TP billet helix, orange spring and stock belt! ;)!

What’s up my friend??? Haven’t checked in here in almost 3 months! I just finished up school for the summer Thursday...so went out to the trailer and put some SeaFoam in the gas and ran it through, then spent 3 hours cleaning and shining her up...man she’s gorgeous lol.

I put 1361 miles on my 18 50th RTX, and except for one blown belt at 637 miles it was Fabulous!! I found that once over 1000 miles, the sled hit another level..power increased/so did acceleration and top
End speed noticeably in my opinion. Dealer told me it’d take a good 1000 miles to break her in...and he was right.

Fabulous sled...very happy I decided to go with a Sidewinder, and retire/sell my Apex! Gorgeous looks, state of the art technology/performance, Great handling especially for a big sled, stock power beyond any other sled on the market today....what more can you ask for. And yes, I ran stock Tune this past winter.

Dam...wish I didn’t have to wait 6 months to get on it again ☹️. Really love the sled!

Reservations are all set for 12/26/18, in St Agatha ME...c’mon winter lol!!!!

Nothing new with me JD. I also haven't been on TY for a while. Playing with my summer toys! I've got Christmas week off this year again, so if there's snow in the county I'll make another solo trip up. What is the cancellation policy at Lake View Lodge?
IMG_20180605_131548881-1024x768-1024x768.jpg

Nothing new with me JD. I also haven't been on TY for a while. Playing with my summer toys! I've got Christmas week off this year again, so if there's snow in the county I'll make another solo trip up. What is the cancellation policy at Lake View Lodge?View attachment 140583

Nice rides and garage Mike! Wow.

Just call Long Lake Motor inn, and see if they have any availability for that week (they very well may if you call this summer), if they don’t, they’ll put you on a waiting list. And if there’s no snow when it’s time to go, they never give me a hard time ever...just tell them you’re booking it for sledding, and if there’s no snow, you won’t be able to go up. They are very good like that....cancel and no issues/charges if there’s no snow.

Last edited:
Ok, Thanks JD. I'll give them a call sometime. My buddy's and I put up my garage back in 2010. We did everything except the excavation and pouring the walls. The wife has the house and I have my garage/mancave!

I know this is an old thread, but I just bought a 2019 LTX-DX a week ago, and after 250 miles on the trails, I am 100%, wholly, entirely, absolutely, fully, utterly, completely, and totally in love with my SideWinder.

I know this is an old thread, but I just bought a 2019 LTX-DX a week ago, and after 250 miles on the trails, I am 100%, wholly, entirely, absolutely, fully, utterly, completely, and totally in love with my SideWinder.
So you like it...lol

So it goes down like this.
Pull up to a to a t in the trail 4 guys take off in the direction I am going to go.
They have radios on their helmets.
I go their direction, the first one waves me by.
The second one waves me by.
The third one on an apex which sounds sweet, gives it the gas when I ride up on him at a pace just over his, so i say ok gas it. Bye bye apex.
Now to roll up on the leader of the pack on a side winder.
Mind you they all have radios.
Pull up one sled length behind him on the right side of the trail since he is on the left side.
Long straight stretch here.
Ok he's staying on the left, give her some throttle and pull up along side of said winder in the triple digits.
I look at him and gas it, he's topped out and I am only part throttle. Bye bye.
At next road crossing I wait he rolls up and gives thumbs up.
He knows he just got played by a tuned winder!
The dude on the apex can't believe what he just seen. His buddy was top dog.
Happy trails my friend!

3 SW and one Viper. Ridden Vmax4, SRX 700, RX-1, 2011 Apex and my 18 LTX LE. SW by far my favorite. Although each of those sleds were beasts in their own right. - Notice even the guy in the Polaris jacket gave 2 thumbs up (he was on the Viper because of the jacket...)
View attachment 140342
Love that spot. My buddy Steve runs the jack pine bar. Big ol guy with beard

Back