• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking about buying a sidewinder

Nytro1386

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'13 Nytro XTX
Hey guys. Just wanted to get some input on the sidewinders. Waiting for 2020 release and then i am either gonna spring order a sled or see whats left over 19s. What are some issues you guys have had with the sidewinder and what are some tbings you love about it. I currently ride a 13 nytro xtx. 7000+ miles and still origonal belt, so that will be a change if they are hard on belts. Thanks for the info

Let my nytro go at the end of last season after 8 seasons on it. Had a lot of good rides on that sled and it never let me down

Have just started to get some rides in on my new sw and man what a difference

Had chances to ride friends sidewinders last season and was able to compare head to head. This sled rides so effortlessly its unreal. Great trail manners, even on tight trails doing 50 kph but when you get northern ont or Quebec trails thats where it shines. Very impressive ride. The power band is truly unbelievable. I could never go back to the old 1049 .
Ms

I think you are best to read up.....then you will see the good, bad and ugly. I find the Winder as a love/hate relationship overall.

Just remember, you are on a YAMAHA now. The Winder is NOT a Yamaha. Its a Cat.

If you plan to buy it, and leave it stock, you will be alot better IMO if you are a big mile trail rider type. Most of us here are wick'd up, so we sorta get what we deserve.

Dan

If you are a speed addict you have found your drug of choice.

I bought one and love it....until i get on here and read all the problems people are having....As the the internet goes most of the time you see all the bad news and very little good news....

Ok thanks guys. Whatever i buy will be left stock. Im not big into tweaking much mostly just trail ride. Just looking to upgrade sleds
I'm all stock on my 18 LTX, I will be rolling over the 5000 mile mark soon. I do have some mods and upgrades like curve skis, TD/Dalton clutch kit, BOP tunnel coolant hose protectors, RR cross shaft upgrade and 4th wheel kit from J&T. Just my opinion but "STOCK" they have plenty of power for trail riding and are just as reliable as anything on snow. They do have some things to watch but a good maintenance program will keep you on the trail and not wondering "what" is going to break next.

Thanks if i buy one will definately be putting the tunnel protectira in

I came from a apex. I am so glad I went to a winder. Yes they are a pain in the #*$&@ for somethings mostly doing your own maintenance but the ride quality imo is great. Unbelievable stock power. Unless you are a boost junkie. Which I’ll admit my plan is to bump it up a bit in off season. When I jump on the old apex I’m looking for that over drive on the straights. Ride position and comfort for me with a bad knee so much better. You won’t regret the decision to buy one.

Ok. How qre they comfort wise when standing as right now i stand about 95% of the time when riding, its just more comfortable for me and helps me to see whats coming at me better.

Its a blast and leave it stock for the most part and you won't have a fraction of the issues you will read about here.

Great i cant wait for the 2020 releqse so i can decide exactly what one i want. Will be an xtx. Just hoping for some great color schemes this year

Back