• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How about a positive " I love my Sidewinder thread".

Yahoooo!!! was the first thing I remember saying after I finally hit 500km. I thought to myself; now I can really open her up!! And I did The power is exhilarating and mind blowing. Best sled ever. I’m running stock tune, stock skis, and stock exhaust. Minor darting with stock skis but not worth complaining over IMO. Nothing beats the Adrenaline the Sidewinder has to offer. All time best sled
Thank you Yamaha (and Arctic Cat)

I wish there were more positive threads and less the sky is falling threads. I have guys ask me all the time if the issues are as bad as what is posted on TY. The truth is NO!! Especially if you are talking about stock Winders. I know most guys here are all tuned up over 240 hp and say they wouldn't want to go back to the poochy stock tune. Many claiming they wouldn't own a Winder with stock tune because they feel so slow.

I think the guys with the tuned up Winders are the ones with the most issues and make the Winder look like a problem child. People need to understand that if you want that big hp then there are consequences and yes there will be more issues.

I'm betting a stock Winder will be every bit as reliable as any other sled out there with few if any issues.

I wish there were more positive threads and less the sky is falling threads. I have guys ask me all the time if the issues are as bad as what is posted on TY. The truth is NO!! Especially if you are talking about stock Winders. I know most guys here are all tuned up over 240 hp and say they wouldn't want to go back to the poochy stock tune. Many claiming they wouldn't own a Winder with stock tune because they feel so slow.

I think the guys with the tuned up Winders are the ones with the most issues and make the Winder look like a problem child. People need to understand that if you want that big hp then there are consequences and yes there will be more issues.

I'm betting a stock Winder will be every bit as reliable as any other sled out there with few if any issues.

The problem is just that, less user come to TY just to talk shop and they come for help. It may appear that its negative but most of the time its not.

I love my ARTIC CAT 998T :hide:

If this sled is a Yamaha the 1100T were Susuki sled

It's a hell of a ride :)

Last edited:
The problem is just that, less user come to TY just to talk shop and they come for help. It may appear that its negative but most of the time its not.
Exactly! You'll never see a bunch of threads called "I just passed 2000 miles on the same belt", maybe we should, but that's partly what this thread is about too.

Like my 2018 LTX 50th a lot.
No issues. 1,700 km.

Last edited:
Yes I have to agree,best sled I have ever had,and I bought my first sled in 70 a left over 69 rupp,man I have had a lot of sleds,none have come close to this even when it was stock,well ok,i only drove it stock on the grass,at 400-500 ft to a time. Crashed the sled,at 9 miles,and started to rebuild her,better,stronger,faster,sound familiar,ok not 6 million yet lol,but one heck of a lot of fun. 2017 was a bad year for sled and myself,but I did get 70 miles on my sons LTX-SE all stock,but I kinda forgot what stock felt like once I rode this modded out. Rides good,handles great,and power all bad to the bone. So far 3700 miles and only one blown belt,i am good with that,hope I can say that at end of 18/19 when I turn it up more.
Rupp Nitro was da bomb!
As was a skiroule rtx 447!!LOL!
But yeah...other than a missing turbo bolt it's been perfect.

Love my 18. 2200 miles original belt. No problems that stopped me from sledding (only 1 code that popped up during frigid temps, but didn't slow me down). So far I am very happy with my decision to go from Apex to Winder

Like mine a lot. No issues with mine but bad winter only 1,700 km.
Hard to get much better than a 300 HP, well set up, power steering Apex so I'm not terribly impressed by the Winder.
Sorry to say I don't trust it to get me home so I will likely sell it in 2 years or earlier and see what Yamaha has to offer then. [One riding bud with 4,000 mile Viper had bearing go in chain case and lost mobility, Another riding bud with Winder lost Center cylinder.] Not to mention what I've seen here which I take with a grain of salt.
I'll ride it when out with my buddies and enjoy it but I keep the 2 Apex's in another trailer for when I go out with my wife.

Well we almost made it through 3 pages without negativity.

srx7001- your right, if his wife had any idea how amazing the Sidewinder he’d have to buy 2
Lol

Back