• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hurricane under hood intake

tator

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
this is the intake i made for my hurricane 190 kit to move the intake away from the exhaust. i think i should get some frog skin to wrap the filter in now that it sucks outside air. also thinking of adding a vent in the hood where the intake is to allow more outside air in right where the filter is. my intake temps before this where around 90-110 with the intercooler, now with changing location only they are 50-70.
DSC01498.JPG
DSC01500.JPG
DSC01501.JPG
DSC01502.JPG
DSC01503.JPG
DSC01506.JPG

Do you have a part number on the rubber hose?

Will you make one for your Buddys?????

the hose is a radiator hose with a pre bent 90 in it. 2 inch inside diameter. the one i used didn't have a spring inside it to stop it from collapsing so i put one in. the elbow i made from 2 inch outside diameter exhaust pipe cut at a 45 and then welded together. the part that took the time was the plate that bolts to the turbo, and welding it together. getting it in the right spot so it fits with the hoods closed. actually fits very nice and doesn't rub anywhere. I'm happy. going to houghton friday, can't wait.

I've wanted to do this, I am not a fan of the outside pipe look. But I really like where Push Turbo puts there intake. Very similar where Tator put his but a little further to the front.

the hose is a radiator hose with a pre bent 90 in it. 2 inch inside diameter. the one i used didn't have a spring inside it to stop it from collapsing so i put one in. the elbow i made from 2 inch outside diameter exhaust pipe cut at a 45 and then welded together. the part that took the time was the plate that bolts to the turbo, and welding it together. getting it in the right spot so it fits with the hoods closed. actually fits very nice and doesn't rub anywhere. I'm happy. going to houghton friday, can't wait.
Just try to keep up with the nytros! Lol [emoji12]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's a pretty restrictive steel 90 should of pie cut some pieces to blend the corner better.

That's a pretty restrictive steel 90 should of pie cut some pieces to blend the corner better.

i was thinking that. really wanted to find a bent or molded 90. first idea was a threaded pipe fitting but to get it to fit was a mess. i was thinking i would loose some boost but it still makes 6 at WOT, and cruising seems to be the same. I'm sure it restricts some but the benefit of 40 deg colder air seems to far out weigh the restriction. this was a "lets see if it works trial" during the summer i may look for something with a bend. just a tight space to do anything. was thinking a exhaust tip with the curve in it.

Back