• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I hope I'm not going to regret this....

Daranello

Suspended
Just ordered an XTX.......coming off an ATTAK I hope I dont miss the top end....I do lots of lake running, fast northern Ontario trails and maybe 20% boondocking....the top end really worries me!!! I guess Ill find out next winter.

My perfect sled will be the 2010 Nypex with 180hp...but its not here now so, I'll have to wait!!

An attak/apex will go by you on top end like u got ur azz tied to a tree.Been der dun dat a gazillion times.The 0-80 mph part & bumpability is no comparison tho.

Turk said:
An attak/apex will go by you on top end like u got ur azz tied to a tree.Been der dun dat a gazillion times.The 0-80 mph part & bumpability is no comparison tho.

I agree. The Nytro's aren't so strong up top, but they do have a ton of grunt down low. Yamaha did say that they wanted to improve the top end for the 2009's, and even said the XTX is a few mph faster on top end than 08 Nytros (which are all 121")

I couldn't disagree more with some of the previous comments. I've raced against numerous Apex and Attak sleds this year, some of them close to stock, and some of them far from it, and not once did I get my a$$ seriously handed to me. In fact, I'd say a lot more times it was the other way around. I think you're gonna love the sled. The ride is of no comparison to the Apex, and it's far better in every aspect as well, and yes, I have driven both numerous times. All you gotta do now is wait, and wait, and wait for it to come in..... :o|

Wise decision, Congrats ;)!

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
I couldn't disagree more with some of the previous comments. I've raced against numerous Apex and Attak sleds this year, some of them close to stock, and some of them far from it, and not once did I get my a$$ seriously handed to me. In fact, I'd say a lot more times it was the other way around. I think you're gonna love the sled. The ride is of no comparison to the Apex, and it's far better in every aspect as well, and yes, I have driven both numerous times. All you gotta do now is wait, and wait, and wait for it to come in..... :o|

Wise decision, Congrats ;)!

I hope I have your results!!! :Rockon:

Not being negative in any way, but we demo'd Nytros in March & in no way did the Nytro RTX or the Nytro MTX run on bottom or top end with our Attaks.
Totally different feel in every way! Sweeping corners & just straightaways, the power just is missing!
Again we were hoping for better, because we were thinking of trying them in 09, but not even close for us!

Our group rides pretty hard too, so maybe if your group doesn't run really hard they'd be closer.

The 09 XTX runs 1.5 mph faster on the top end, per magazines!

The XTX should be a great sled, just not a 4cyl 4 stroke!

BR

Daranello, I wouldnt worry too much. We have tons of high speed trails here and Im ditching the apex for a nytro. The nytro will accelerate as good if not a bit better than your attak through the low and the mid but be missing some up top. Honestly without being on perfect conditions there probaly wont be a hole lot of difference on top end. Look at the shootout they had in the magazine.....On that day and those conditions the apex ltx top speed was 98.? mph on the gun, the nytro did 96mph. The nytro accelerated slightly better 0-60 and had a faster 30-50 time. And in a 400 mile average it did a little of 2 mpg better. I know in real good hardpack the apex/attak will def be faster but with all of the snow we got in maine this year I only found real hardpack in the end of march. It was always a little soft around here. Im sure the ride and handling will outweigh the negatives. Just sitting on a nytro I felt like my apex was old school.

re-gear it to 22/38(unless the gearing is different on the 2009's) & it will give you about another 5mph without much difference on bottom end.at least it worked that way on mine.

Daranello I would not worry, just love the sled you bought ;)!

I once had a sleeper that was quick but lost a little top end

SO

I would blow my buddies away on the bottom then when I had noticed I was flattening out on acceleration I would throw my throttle hand in the air to celebrate the victory :tg:

They would then come and say,"hey I think I was starting to catch you ..." I would just laugh and say ya right.

THat trick and pick your places were no one will top end well.

The sled is going to be a riot on acceleration, but won't be everything!

It is all fun, and be safe.

Yamadoo

Turk said:

I agree with Turk. A good setup Attack will kill the XTX after 80mph.

If all you do is lake race, or high speed runs. Well.... maybe not a good choice. But if you ride high speed with any bumps at all, great choice. I was alway a little nervous with my Apex that a suprise kicker or something would send me sailing. This year I watched two of my friends on Nytros just hammer through everything and not even flinch (of course this was after a fair amount of setup) but I quickly confirmed that I had the wrong sled. Even after the Hygear susp. upgradeI was nervous about breaking the rear. Hense the RTX S.E. on the way. As stated just sitting on the Nytro makes the Apex feel dated. At first I think you will miss the motor (who wouldn't) but I also think the weight diff and ergos will make you forget about just a quickly.

Turk is right, he echoed almost exactly what my dealer said, only my dealer put it "Tied to a pole after 80". :rofl:

I guarantee that no Apex or Attak with a stock motor (even those in this discussion) will hand anything to me but a congratulations for holding my own, because the guys around here in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia know their s*#t when it comes to straight-line racing, and I have yet to see an Apex or an Attak walk by me like I'm tied to a pole. All jokes aside, I credit it mainly to the Intense 1.5" track, where it's usually I'm GONE out of the hole and they're the ones playing catch up. Oh yeah, Capers run by the "Cape Breton Stock" rules too....If the hood closes, she's stock ! ;)!

I like your type of racing
:jump:
yamadoo said:
Daranello I would not worry, just love the sled you bought ;)!

I once had a sleeper that was quick but lost a little top end

SO

I would blow my buddies away on the bottom then when I had noticed I was flattening out on acceleration I would throw my throttle hand in the air to celebrate the victory :tg:

They would then come and say,"hey I think I was starting to catch you ..." I would just laugh and say ya right.

THat trick and pick your places were no one will top end well.

The sled is going to be a riot on acceleration, but won't be everything!

It is all fun, and be safe.

Yamadoo

Back