• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

If Yamaha made a 2-stroke sled again

If yamaha made a Direct Injected 2-stroke sled would any one switch from the 4 stroke to the 2 strok

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fxnytrortx3

Expert
Just wondering if Yamaha would come out with a state of the art 2 stroke like the ski doos with thier low oil consumption and hardly no smoke. Would any one buy the Yamaha 2 stroke over thier Yamaha 4 stroke.

thanks darren

In a heartbeat. With the weight they save on the motor going to 2-stroke, they can beef-up the other areas of the sled that are unnacceptably weak. I'd trust a 2-stroke Yammi engine to last more than two years, so why not buy one?

I voted YES, I'm kind of on the FENCE...all depends on performance, weight, economy of fuel and oil consumption and DURABUILITY! would be the biggest factor of motor, but deep down its NO :dunno: ...if they ever drop the 4 holer which I hope they never DO, I'd defenitly look at their new 2 SMOKER LOL!

The poll is worded in a way that makes it impossible for me to answer. There's more to it than "if it is a 2-stroke". I certainly wouldn't buy a 2-stroke just to have a 2-stroke. Same as I wouldn't buy a 4-stroke outboard to replace my 2-stroke HPDI just for the sake of having a 4-stroke.

I think that if the question was worded more along the lines of "would you avoid buying it because its a 2-stroke?", then I could honestly answer "no".

For this reason, I did not and will not answer the poll.

Naa I don't think so, let me rephrase that HELL NO Not Like the Doos.

I am happier with this 4 stroke then I ever was on a 2 stroke

Well how about this?
A new Yamaha 2 Stroke would have to be at a level NEVER before seen on snow (A REAL JAW DROPPER) Up to a level that would take all the other manufactures at least a couple of model years to even come close.
Something that would stun people into silence when they 1st see it.
Something that would make an XP riding priest curse.

Hows that?

:4STroke: ........ So Far

06R

4 stroke

apltx08 said:
I voted YES, I'm kind of on the FENCE...all depends on performance, weight, economy of fuel and oil consumption and DURABUILITY! would be the biggest factor of motor, but deep down its NO :dunno: ...if they ever drop the 4 holer which I hope they never DO, I'd defenitly look at their new 2 SMOKER LOL!

I agree! The dependability, torque, and mpg were my biggest factors for going 4 stroke

You bet I would switch if it meant that I got more out of the sled then my RX, however I wont switch just to switch to a 2 stroke. But if it comes in at 450 lbs, tossable, decent MPG and yamaha durability I would look at one. that said I like to modify everything so I prefer a 4 stroke and boost any day over trying to modify a 2 stroke especially one that complex. 2 strokes are so power efficient that your putting on blinders if you dont look at them.

I also think its for 2 different classes of riders. touring and highmilers will never go 2 stroke, ditchbangers and jumpers will run over thier 4 stroke to get on the 2 stroke because its so light

Big power guys will never leave a 4 stroke with boost

etc. Point is anyting yamaha puts out I will see if it meets what I want in a sled and give everything even ski doo a look and try to stay objective.

My Vmax-4 had 11,700 miles on it the first time I took the motor apart (and not because anything was wrong with it). Piston's and cylinder were still within spec, compression was still excellent. I remember fouling 2 spark plugs the whole time I trail rode it.

I'm still using that bottom end drag racing it now. Can't ask for much better reliability.

If Yamaha came out with a big HP 2-stroke I wouldn't hesitate to jump on one. There will always be some advantage to making power every time around.

:yam:

Back