• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

interesting mod

jp@weknowsnow

Expert
Website
weknowsnow.com
yesterday i was riding with a buddy.. we exchanged sleds and i took his m1000. he noticed the steering on the phazer mtn lite was really difficult. and when i jumped on his sled i was amazed at how easy it was to steer. so he had an idea to move the skis as far in as possible. on the trail we flipped the sled and unbolted the skis. moved them all the way in on both sides and the sled handles sooooo much better. steering is much easier and side hilling is so much better. i still haven't taken the sway bar off yet, i'm two clicks from the stiffest setting on the front stock shocks. it feels like a completely different sled and much more fun to ride. takes some getting used to though.

04271.jpg

The high and narrow kil on the mountain light skis does not make stearing espesially easy. On hard packed they really sucks and under snow conditions as powder with a thin layer of hard packed/ice on top I think this skis are dangerous. I have rolled my fx under such conditions after first experienced something that reminded me of wobbling on a street bike..

Didnt notice any of this things with the stock fx skis on. I bought the mnt-lite skis because I wanted more float on front end. I'm not happy at all with this skis so I will for sure change back to the stock fx skis before next winter. Just my toughts..

Everyone who has tried the Simmons Gen2's say they are the best in all conditions.

Back