• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Interesting rumor

couch said:
Still doesn't say much ..... Big news last year was 1.75" backcountry on the XTX ...

I seriously doubt they are slapping new model names on sleds that are not updated. New model names have been trademarked recently and in the past a new model name generally means an all new or dramatically updated sled for Yamaha. I do feel with the market becoming smaller that Yamaha will return to single chassis for everything they build. They did this back in the Pro Action chassis days and I could completely see them heading in that direction. With a factory Turbo or Supercharger the 4 cylinder and it's related larger deltabox chassis might not even be necessary.

The XTX 1.75" is a very normal solution for Yamaha when new models have been delayed. It happened to the Exciter (Exciter SX) back in 1993 when the all new V-Max 500 and 600 were pushed back a year.

I honestly believe Yamaha Corporate will not allow an all new sled to be released unless current inventory is at a certain level. Current sales promotions are very good right now and it does appear they want to move some old stock. I know I took advantage of the good deals and got myself a carryover 2012 Nytro XTX.

The quickest way to lose money is release something all new and still have a lot of leftovers sitting around. Some companies operate this way, but not Japanese ones.

Not sure where I read it but for the first time in 25 years snowmobiles will be allowed in the city of Minneapolis Minnesota on a small lake.It was Yamaha that applied for the permit.Some type of convention.Coincidence?

cannondale27 said:
Not sure where I read it but for the first time in 25 years snowmobiles will be allowed in the city of Minneapolis Minnesota on a small lake.It was Yamaha that applied for the permit.Some type of convention.Coincidence?
Right here Cannondale, seems like a lot of trouble just to show off their current line up? :dunno:
http://www.snowest.com/snowmobile-news/ ... fm?ID=3467

What are the dates the convention is scheduled? I wonder if they're going to showcase new product?

What are the dates the convention is scheduled? I wonder if they're going to showcase new product?

1 TOUZAN said:
If they actually merge with AC that would be worthy of a pretty big intro.

There isn't going to be any merger. If Yamaha really wanted to they could easily buy up AC in a hostile take-over, but I don't see that happening. If anything we could see some engine sharing in exchange for chassis technology sort of like Ford and Mazda had a partnership for years, but I'd say even that is a long shot.

First I think this is funny stuff. We have so many threads going on this subject at one time. All asking thw same questions...

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... light=2014
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... arctic+cat
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... light=2014
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... 4&start=90
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=30

I am sure there are more lol. Almost like the moderator should come up with a Yamacat section just for all the stuff they have been leaking out. Since it is leaking out, here is what I have heard on the street to date.
I have been tossing hints out there till someone else has brought most to light. Didn't want to be the one to open the flood gates with the info I heard a while back

New 500cc sled more toward the lower old phazer style to replace the existing 80hp bike stance style

No more Apex. Was told it is too expensive to produce, and the horsepower it makes will be similar to another sled Yamaha is bringing out

The vector motor will stay with some changes made to the style, and possibly the suspension

There will be a cross country sled with a similar front end to the race front end. It will have a suspension similar to the Cat, and possibly the 128". This sled will have more power. I have heard of a different motor which I do not believe yet. I also heard that they are building a large pile of turbo's right now for the new run of sleds. Which makes me believe they are trying to go sno-pro in stance with our better front end, and a boosted four stroke triple. Which will then compete with Cat's turbo sno pro out of the box, at 180+ HP, and beat Doo to their turbo (hopefully)
Maybe if we are luck we will have a boosted and a non boosted option like Cat

Also rumors of a mountian sled change directly from Chris Brown, and others.

A lot of changes will be made with deals from Arctic cat. We give something, they give us something. It may gain Yamaha more fans to have the lighter and newer suspensions with our great four stroke engines, and get existing owners to upgrade from their existing styles. Yamaha may also lose some riders by having a light suspension with a Yamaha two stroke engine in Arctic cat green. Giving the old time Yamaha two stroke lovers the opportunity to ride them again.
The thing that makes Yamaha's sacred is their motors and reliability as we all know. Will you pick to ride a Yamacat, or a Arctic-hama? This move will hopefully bring down our prices some I hope? (I doubt it) Being more parts will be made here to get around taxes, less R&D is needed since they are splitting it in a way, shipping should be less with some more parts being made local, and Yamaha will be mass producing both brands engines in volume. While Cat is producing suspensions etc. We could now see a way to compete against that dreaded yellow machine in Quality, ride, and weight. All While bringing more jobs to the States and using Japenese engineering.

Well this is all based upon rumors of course and hear say, but With Suzuki out and Yamaha in, the winds are shifting. Look we even have entered into hill climbing, cross country racing real hard now. You don't do that unless you are doing it to R&D and learn. We haven't changed in forever and the sales are showing it. With Yamaha lowering production last year, and adding big cost savings with crazy long term financing to clear out old stock, there is going to be change. I can say it over and over, but it is true. "How do you get more people to buy when your stuff lasts forever, and your sleds don't change except for an option here or there overy year or so? You switch up the models" No one wants the old looking model. Nothing worse then buying a newer car/truck and seeing ford or Chevy change the models on you right? Same thinking goes here with sleds. I'm sure there were tons of guys who complained when Yamaha went form the old Phaser style to a new one. From a v-max 4, to a SRX style, to a SRX 700 to a RX1, a RX-1 to an Apex, and then we added the rider forward Nytro to compete against the Rev. So here we are again. With Cat having a light turbo, Polaris with a light adjustable Rush, Doo with a direct injection engine that is clean, and handles better then most want to admit, guys on here comparing the 1200 Doo to our unchanged Nytro. It is time for a change and a big one, or we might as well stick to Bikes and Generators. Quality can't make you last as a company only (ask plunkett) Competition does, and trying to meet your loyal fans new expectations does. Well that is my 2 cents, and the rumors that I hear are floating around the forums, shows, dealerships etc

:yam: :4STroke: ;)! and that is why we are complaining. Change makes people complain, but also makes them buy

Back