• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Interesting Skid Shock Spring info

Does someone have the Zbros part number for the 145lb spring, or a link to it - thanks.

Bump to top after getting information requests. Interesting to note that the info I read says Cat is lengthening this spring 1.5 inches for 2016 so even they realize the mistake.

I recommend the 160 pound spring unless you are under 160 pounds weight then the 145.

Bump to top after getting information requests. Interesting to note that the info I read says Cat is lengthening this spring 1.5 inches for 2016 so even they realize the mistake.

I recommend the 160 pound spring unless you are under 160 pounds weight then the 145.
Is the #145 a zbroz spring or does cat offer a 145 or only 140?

Last edited:
140 would be very close to what non XTX and MTX have already. I would go for the Cat 160 if not aftermarket.
Still 160 if im only 155, without gear.

Still 160 if im only 155, without gear.

I am about 160 to 165 depending on what the girlfriend is cooking.............

And I have the Zbros 145 spring which is also a little longer like the 2016 spring will be and I am approaching what I consider adjustment limits. That being said if I did it again I would get the 160.

Anyone knows where to get a 160 spring? Zbroz is charging $130 in shipping to Norway, twice the price of the spring! Not ready to pay that amount for shipping...

Birkebeiner

Same problem here. ~70$ shipping to Finland. Need to ask if they could use USPS.

I am about 160 to 165 depending on what the girlfriend is cooking.............

And I have the Zbros 145 spring which is also a little longer like the 2016 spring will be and I am approaching what I consider adjustment limits. That being said if I did it again I would get the 160.

Sounds good. Does anyone know what 2016's use the longer spring, or should I just use the 160 cat spring, and a part # for the 160 cat spring

I wonder if you guys with mountain skids are actually needing faster rebound in that center shock? Eventually with higher rate spring ride will suffer or it won't turn no matter how far you back it off. It's funny because all these comparisons are being made with Ltx and Rtx and there 135lb spring but a RR which is almost the race skid uses a 90lb spring. Different valving and geometry in all the different models. Different uses also. I am experimenting just because I feel my spring is wore out. Should probably test it but mine turns well enough now with revalved rears that I was able to set transfer blocks on 1 and straps all the way out. Can afford to lose a bit of cornering for a lighter front end. Still just a experiment though. May hate it.

Back