• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

is my reverse actuator broken?

Did you get that cheap motor from autozone?
Did it fit in place?

Just picked up the actuator from Autozone today. Total was $39.36.
It has a nylon66 gear inside it like the OEM actuator which I was hoping would be metal. I will get it installed this week and report back on how it works. It also came with several wiring harness adaptors. I will post pics of new actuator from work tomorrow cause I cant get my phone to attach them now.

It has a nylon66 gear inside it like the OEM actuator which I was hoping would be metal. I will get it installed this week and report back on how it works. It also came with several wiring harness adaptors. I will post pics of new actuator from work tomorrow cause I cant get my phone to attach them now.

Nice find!

Plastic gears kinda suck but if the gears get striped you can remove the gear and clock it 90 degrees, this gives you fresh set of teeth for the worm drive to grab. You can essentially reclock the gear 4 times before having to buy a new actuator.

Heck yea thats a score! Well done!

Here are the pics of the actuator, internal gear, wiring harness pig-tail end and harness extensions with various configurations of plug-to-connect connectors.

Attachments

• Internal Gear.jpg
    Internal Gear.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 387
  • Viper Actuator.jpg
    Viper Actuator.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 357
  • Wiring harness extensions.jpg
    Wiring harness extensions.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 322
  • Wiring harness pig tail.jpg
    Wiring harness pig tail.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 334
The case is much beefier and the internal gear has a large metal backing plate. I did not pull the gear to inspect it to validate that it is all plastic I just looked at what you see in the picture and determined it was plastic from the outer ring that is plastic. I might try to pull it apart farther to get a good pic of the whole gear assembly for you guys before I install this on my sled. It may be a few days before I get it installed as the giant 10 point in the woods behind my house needs to have an arrow run through him this week :)

Last edited:
Oh man, I am going to have to check that out for sure. Going to carve pumpkins with the kids tonight so no bow hunting. Maybe I can get the EOM actuator pulled off and the gear it engages to see if the new one fits. I will post pics of how things fit once I get everything apart and cleaned up.

S.O.B! The gear on the new drive motor does not even come close to fitting onto the driven socket in the gear case. I am going to take the OEM drive motor to the parts store to see off they can cross reference it to a different model of the same brand as the new drive motor I bought and make sure the driven socket from the gear case fits on what ever they come up with right there in the store. I will report back what they can come up with. For anyone else looking the max diameter of the drive gear on the OEM drive motor is .880"and it has 10 teeth.

pulled my Viper actuator and did a part search on many, many, many websites to see if I could cross reference it. No luck so then I typed in window regulator motor and started searching for one that looks like the one off the Viper and found this https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NDP6551479?keywordInput=noe+6551479 it has a 10 tooth drive gear and the mounting hole locations look right. I am going to go to Napa and see if the driven socket fits on it and see how well it matches up the the Viper actuator. more to come.

I have been through 2. 1 under warranty other on my dime last year. Surprised nobody has just made a manual one. How much are the OEM ones? I forgot.

Back