• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It’s finally over for Yamaha

Very sad day indeed. Sure glad I was able to get a ‘23 with power steering and a 5 year warranty. Really sucks to lose an option in the market. It will be interesting to see if they keep producing the engines for Cat and any other manufacturers.

Very sad day indeed. Sure glad I was able to get a ‘23 with power steering and a 5 year warranty. Really sucks to lose an option in the market. It will be interesting to see if they keep producing the engines for Cat and any other manufacturers.
This could also mean that competing brands become even more expensive.

I don't imagine other brands pricing will go up- Yamaha had a miniscule amount of the market- the way everything is priced as it is, they are killing demand-

That sucks. Glad I got my 2022 Winder.
Oh well, we tried.
I am sure there we be a bunch of "toad-a-so's" but hopefully they will be ignored
I will continue to frequent this site as often as possible to support the cause.

Sad day indeed…….,,

Well, time to start hoarding parts. Indeed a sad day in history.

Complete bummer, Yamaha is responsible for my passion for the sport and modifying sleds. No two stroke would give me 300+ hp all day long on 91 fuel for thousands of miles.

Hopefully the thundercat keeps going for many years.

I can't say I'm surprised, but still sad about the news. It hurts to lose another brand. Yamaha contracting Cat to build their sleds wasn't really a long term path forward. If it was a model or two, fine, but when the whole line-up was Cat it became pointless. They had no engineering left and the snowmobile division has nothing but marketing people and a few stylists on staff. There was nothing left.

I'll maintain and ride my Viper for the foreseeable future. Parts and service will be available and it's a Cat anyhow. I'm sort of watching how the Catalyst develops over the next couple of years and that's what I will eventually get. I like the 4 stroke, but not opposed to a modern 2 stroke either.

I bought my first ever Yamaha in 2006 when I ordered my Apex. I loved that sled and bought my wife a 2008 FX Nitro that I hated yet my wife liked it.
I then bought a 2017 Sidewinder that we both really liked a lot. After a couple years of ownership I realized that the Winder had way too much Cat DNA and I went back to Ski Doo.
This is very sad for the industry and Yamaha loyalists. I went through this before when Mercury , Rupp and Sno jet went out and I owned all of them. Then Kawasaki called it quits when I had three of them along with all the Kawasaki bling.
The Snowmobile industry has changed so much and the lack of a riding season in areas that used to be fantastic in the past has really hurt the average rider. Then add the fact that traveling to riding destinations and the price of new sleds has gone out of sight just adds to the demise of my once favorite past time.

Well it sounds like if Cat wants the engines Yamaha will still supply them. How that looks after 2025 is anyone’s guess, but it wouldn’t shock me to see Cat offer Thundercats, 9000 and 7000 series sleds after 2025. I mean there will definitely be a market for people that still want these (or similar) engines,
IMG_0397.jpeg

Back