• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Keep an eye on your chain tensioner idler bolt!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
This was sent to me by a Sidewinder owner that had 3000 miles on his sled. He was just going into the chain-case for some maintenance. He stated it was 2 turns out. If you are in your chain-case for any reason, keep an eye on this.

SW-Chain-Tensioner.JPG

This is exactly why i separate my my chaincase cover and do a full cleaning and inspection every season.
Things like this wont be noticed by cracking open the cover, or sucking the oil out.
Better safe than sorry

My inner screw fell out when i moved the tensioner. Other one was loose also and both holes were elongated. It was ready to blow. I informed my dealer. 8500k on sled

My inner screw fell out this summer when I removed it. I also had around 3100 miles. I was doing a track and gearing swap. Was lucky I was in there doing the swap, afraid to think of what may have happened mid ride if I hadnt caught it. Worth the time to pull apart and check!

Exactly what mine looked like at 5000 miles.. I posted about this earlier in Yamaha06 chain case maintenance post. My buds XTX let go at 3000 miles and took the chain and gears out.. Very weak link that should be addressed by Yamaha for sure.. Upper gear bushing also. Not the Quality of the old Yamaha Drivetrain at all..

Back